Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

What do people think about Dental Nursing... Watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    I'm thinking of becoming a Dental Nurse and was wondering peoples thoughts and feelings of this career... especially those who actually are or studying to be dental nurses

Help please

ReputationRep:
    Hi

Im due to start as a trainee dental nurse in feb 2011 at UCLH Eastman Dental Institute in Kings Cross , it pays decent even for a trainee position though I think thats a London thing, I plan to train for 12 months and then do an Access to Medicine/Dentistry course and take it all the way ... basically its a all round good experience and when I did walk down the operating halls of the teaching hospital I saw a load of trainee dental nurses who looked like they enjoyed what they were doing

ReputationRep:
    If you are genuinely passionate about dental nursing I imagine it can be very rewarding. If you care about your patients, chat to them, help them overcome their anxiety then you can really make dentistry a positive experience. (Most) Nurses work very hard and often aren't appreciated for it.

I've worked with good nurses and terrrrrrible nurses and a good nurse is worth their weight in gold. Makes the dentist's life easier, the whole day runs smoother, but most importantly puts the patients at complete ease.

But if you're going to be the kind of nurse who spends all day moaning cause someone borrowed an instrument and hasn't returned it, then forget it.

Lol.

ReputationRep:
    I am a qualified dental nurse and i love my job,the only problem is the pay,most dentist do not pay good wages,dental nurses pay is poor the GDC should do something to make sure all qualified nuses are paid good wages.Being a dental nurse is a busy job but the returns are not worth it,some dentists see us as servants or cleaners.

ReputationRep:
    Add us on facebook for dental nurse jobs, courses and cpd!!!

http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100001954026918

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.