Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I have absolutely no Idea and its 8 days away, any ideas on what to get with a budget of £1200-£1500?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Oh my Ms. Coffey)
    I have absolutely no Idea and its 8 days away, any ideas on what to get with a budget of £1200-£1500?
    For yourself or for friends and family?

I don't really know why I'm asking that question as it's impossible to make worthwhile suggestions without knowing anything about you and your interests.

If you don't know what to get, ask people what they want. I use to buy presents which I thought people would like and very often they were pretty meaningless presents as I was thinking from my perspective and not theirs. It takes the element of surprise away but if you buy them something they actually want or need, they will appreciate it a lot more than a surprise present which is pretty crap.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by iwwhty)
    For yourself or for friends and family?

I don't really know why I'm asking that question as it's impossible to make worthwhile suggestions without knowing anything about you and your interests.

If you don't know what to get, ask people what they want. I use to buy presents which I thought people would like and very often they were pretty meaningless presents as I was thinking from my perspective and not theirs. It takes the element of surprise away but if you buy them something they actually want or need, they will appreciate it a lot more than a surprise present which is pretty crap.
    Purely on me really, I like clothes currently into the allsaints style. I dont need a phone nor a PS3/XBOX, I was thinking of getting a mac book pro for university, or maybe a TV as I saw a good 50" for £500, but that might be too big for halls?

ReputationRep:
    do you really need to spend that much on yourself?

perhaps a car to get you around, i hope a car is in that price range.

ReputationRep:
    I'm going to be boring and say put it in the bank. Clearly you don't have any idea what you want to spend it on and nothing to necessitate spending it so why spend it at all? You might need it one day, especially if you're going to univeristy soon.

ReputationRep:
    Some nice Christmas decorations. You know, fairy lights and tinsel and whatnot. It must be pretty dark and dreary underneath your bridge.

ReputationRep:
    Spend £200 on yourself, then invest the rest.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.