Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Problems with printing - please help. Watch

ReputationRep:
    I've just written some letters for school on Microsoft word. The problem is when I came to print them, there are gaps in between some of the sentences where there shouldn't be (at the end of some of the pages.)

For example, it looks kind of like this:

that I am
    passionate about

There are several problems like this. The issue is that when I actually look at the document in word, it looks perfectly normal. It's only when it prints that there is an issue. I can't work out how to fix it. Is there a way?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by The Nightingale)
    I've just written some letters for school on Microsoft word. The problem is when I came to print them, there are gaps in between some of the sentences where there shouldn't be (at the end of some of the pages.)

that I am
    passionate about

There are several problems like this. The issue is that when I actually look at the document in word, it looks perfectly normal. It's only when it prints that there is an issue. I can't work out how to fix it. Is there a way?
    Sometimes if I have formatting issues which I can't solve easily, I copy and paste the information in to notepad to lose the formatting and then copy and paste it back in to a fresh Word document.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by The Nightingale)

that I am
    passionate about

Click the button that looks like this : ¶

It will show you every space, tab, and line break in your document.

Make sure there aren't any line breaks (shown with the ¶ character) which are 'hidden' by being at the end of lines. If there are, delete them.

Sometimes when you print with Word, it shuffles stuff around a bit and doesn't print exactly as it appears on screen.

ReputationRep:
    also make sure you format your page as A4, not letter.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
    Useful resources

Articles:

The Student Room tech wikiTech forum guidelines

Quick link:

Unanswered technology and computers threads

Sponsored features:

Web Legend

Win a Macbook Air!

Blog about setting up a website for a chance to win in our Web Legend competition.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.