Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    When I log into my UCAS this comes up on the welcome page

"If your reference section is marked as complete please ignore the message advising 'you must enter a valid email address'. DO NOT TRY AND UPDATE THE REFEREE'S EMAIL ADDRESS"

I was just wondering, where to i find the "reference section"??? I really don't know if my references are already on there. I didn't apply in Year 13, I have finished my a levels and am applying now, still through school.
    I have finished the application, so should I just pay and send? Will it go to school and they will attach my reference then send it off?
    Ahhh I would be ready to send it off the day my old school closes for christmas!!

any help and advice is much appreciated, especially anyone who can explain how this works!!

ReputationRep:
    If you are applying through school and used a buzzword when you signed up then there will not be a reference section. This will get done via the school with out you doing anything. If you feel it is ready then pay and send, they will attach the reference and send it off.
    Good luck!
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    (Original post by Vase-Smasher-18)
    When I log into my UCAS this comes up on the welcome page

"If your reference section is marked as complete please ignore the message advising 'you must enter a valid email address'. DO NOT TRY AND UPDATE THE REFEREE'S EMAIL ADDRESS"

I was just wondering, where to i find the "reference section"??? I really don't know if my references are already on there. I didn't apply in Year 13, I have finished my a levels and am applying now, still through school.
    I have finished the application, so should I just pay and send? Will it go to school and they will attach my reference then send it off?
    Ahhh I would be ready to send it off the day my old school closes for christmas!!

any help and advice is much appreciated, especially anyone who can explain how this works!!
    There isn't a reference section when you apply through school or college, its only if you are NOT applying through school or college and you have provide details of both referees.
    All you do is fill in the buzzword when you registered on UCAS. The buzzword is a word or phrase that your school or college has in the UCAS system. For example University College Birmingham's buzzword is UCB2011. You have to find yours out, in which I assume you have already done so. Then once you've completed everything, you pay and the form gets sent to your school or college to check if your details are correct on the form. If they think you have, they will approve it and then they will only send your application to UCAS when your referee puts a reference and sends it to the school or college UCAS system. Then finally they will send your application to UCAS officially. UCAS will then process your application which takes about 2-3 days.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
    Applying to uni

All the essentials

The adventure begins mug

Student life: what to expect

What it's really like going to uni

Graduates celebrate

How to write a good personal statement

Expert PS advice from the people who will read it

Uni match

Uni match

Can't decide where to apply? Our tool will help you find the perfect course

Two students working together

A-Z of universities

Read our guides to unis and colleges from around the UK

A student working on a computer

Personal statement help

Use our tool to get your ideal PS quickly!

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A student looking down a microscope

Planning open days

Find upcoming open days and get advice on preparing.

Help out other students

These questions still need an answer

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.