Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Good morning everyone!
    As now only 1 choice is left in my UCAS track (I'll know the result on 7th January), I would like to know, in case I were in the situation to apply through UCAS Extra, which are the best universities for International Relations.

Checking out, I found out that Bristol University, St. Andrews, King's College and the University of Edinburgh might be a good choice (Durham, Warwick, UCL and LSE are out for me as I have already been rejected).

Assuming that all the universities allow the Extra module, which one would you choose? Are there any other universities, internationally known, for my subject?

Many thanks!

ReputationRep:
    do they all even go into ucas extra???

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SAMIR.NASRI)
    do they all even go into ucas extra???
    I'd be surprised if any of the above were pooled in Extra, especially for IR.

ReputationRep:
    I know King's College to be one of those that can go on Ucas Extra! For the other... well, I don't really know

ReputationRep:
    None of those universities are likely to go on Extra for IR. Even if Kings did have other courses on Extra, their War Studies course (which is the closest they have to IR if I remember correctly) is very popular and probably wouldn't be there. How about Aberystwyth? It's a very well-regarded course but due to the uni's reputation as a whole might be less competitive and therefore more likely to have places in Extra. It's also got a lot of combined honours options, so the less popular of those could appear.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• What newspaper do you read/prefer?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.