Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Today (Dec 17th) Last day of work,school, uni etc Watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Today for most will be the last working day before the holidays,

what are you doing, for those working in the office, will you be having a office xmas party

for most will get 2 weeks or 1 week or 3 weeks

are u glad the holidays are here or the fact that xmas has come fast because it was dec 2009 just yesterday, thats what it feels like because time flies fast

ReputationRep:
    I get a month off, I was meant to see my friend today but the snow has stopped that. I have a trip to Brussels, though, and an essay to do before I go back. Oh, and a dentists appointment.

ReputationRep:
    Not really because it means I have to start revising for my January modules

ReputationRep:
    For most???

What planet are you living on?

The vast majority of people won't finish work until Friday and will be back at work on Wednesday at the latest.

Just because teachers and school/college kids get long holidays doesn't mean that is how the real working world works.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 01jtiong)
    Today for most will be the last working day before the holidays,

what are you doing, for those working in the office, will you be having a office xmas party

for most will get 2 weeks or 1 week or 3 weeks

are u glad the holidays are here or the fact that xmas has come fast because it was dec 2009 just yesterday, thats what it feels like because time flies fast
    This year has gone really quick. I'm glad it's Christmas because it gives me a break from Law School. Technically it's not a break as I have revision to do over the holidays but at least it gives me a break from commuting and having to get up at the crack of dawn.

I think my Law School is having a party tonight but I'm not going as I can't afford it and I have a family wedding to attend tomorrow.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by puddlejumper)
    The vast majority of people won't finish work until Friday and will be back at work on Wednesday at the latest.
    It is Friday

ReputationRep:
    There were no sixth form lessons today, so yesterday was the last day of school. Don't go back till the Wednesday after new year. But then I've got work, which I bet they will have me in everyday (or almost anyway). However on top of that I have 2 essays to do,work on the pre-release for my A2 geog exam and revision for a biology resit. For me its going to be just as busy, if not busy than when I am at school.
    I've already had my work Christmas party, that was last Saturday so I've not got that coming up either. (then again I don't work in an office)
    • Reporter Team
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    umm I think you'll find most people will be working next week, up until 23rd or even 24th.

Even my daughter, who is at primary school, doesn't break up until Tuesday 21st.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by megadeath999)
    It is Friday
    Next Friday, duh.

ReputationRep:
    I'm working in Sunderland until the 23rd, then working back in Bristol as a favour on Christmas Eve, then have 3 essays to be written before I come back to uni :-(

ReputationRep:
    I finished college yesterday (Thursday) because I would have only had one lesson today which was in the afternoon, and college was closing early at noon anyway.

I went out tonight for a nice meal with my friends, and we had a few cheeky beverages.

ReputationRep:
    I have 4 exams to study for so it probably won't be much of a holiday for me...

Finished last friday and now just spending all day revising :yucky:

ReputationRep:
      I'm off college, but as I work in retail and we will most likely have a mad rush of people buying last minute Christmas presents, I'm not off work. But still, I'm only in two days per week and I have no exams in January and all of my coursework so far has been handed in, so I'll be relaxing like no tomorrow for the next two weeks :woo:

ReputationRep:
      School til the 23rd

ReputationRep:
      I actually broke up on the 10th, go me. Mixture of working, friends birthday party and went out today(well tomorrow technically, what ever). Lovely 9 hr shifts over the weekend...

1. See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

2. Poll
    Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
    Useful resources
  3. See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

4. The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.