Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I will be an exchange student for the Spring 2011 semester--I was wondering if anyone knew how likely it is to change modules? I am not happy with the courses I was given and I'd honestly rather not go if there's no chance of changing.

ReputationRep:
    Contact the faculity office for the modules you are enroled in and ask to change, they are normally ok with it. I would suggest doing it now, but you can always change the first week you arrive....at least in science you can.

Hope this helps.

ReputationRep:
    Thanks. I've contacted everyone--my advisor in the U.S., the professor of the course I want to get into, the head of the school, another person who is the medium for international students--I hope something works out.

It's all very different for me because, in the U.S., the professors have the most control of who gets into their courses and not. I'm quickly learning that's it not quite the same in the U.K.

ReputationRep:
    The UK is run very much by admin staff with the professors having less control. This is to ensure marking and word is done equally to ensure the professors do not bias certain people. It is pretty easy to change modules in most schools, if you quote me telling me which course you will be doing in which school/deparment/faculity I will try to find the email address you should contact.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by joshed)
    The UK is run very much by admin staff with the professors having less control. This is to ensure marking and word is done equally to ensure the professors do not bias certain people. It is pretty easy to change modules in most schools, if you quote me telling me which course you will be doing in which school/deparment/faculity I will try to find the email address you should contact.
    I've been in contact with a woman who's trying to help me out but I'm trying to get into a Creative Writing course in the English/Creative Writing department.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by nadiasarah)
    I've been in contact with a woman who's trying to help me out but I'm trying to get into a Creative Writing course in the English/Creative Writing department.
    Ah ok, I'm sure they will sort it out for you.

ReputationRep:
    They did. : ) Thanks for all your help--you're so sweet!

ReputationRep:
    Thats ok anytime I do hope you have a good semester at UEA

ReputationRep:
    All I wanted was to write at UEA. I'm getting that now so I'm sure I'll have nothing to complain about.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.