Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Only been here a day and I see lots of blame shifting arguments going on this where you are accused of doing something wrong and you immediately shift the blame on to someone else. Children do it: “Tommy did it too!” Wife beaters do it: “You made me do it.” And so do whites, especially in this forum do it to defend racism :

So they will say things like

1. Blacks have a high crime rate.
    2. Blacks carry knives.
    3. Blacks like to “blame whitey”.
    4. Black parents do not care about education.

And on and on. The argument is MOVED from what whites do to what other people do, mainly blacks. It is just what whites accuse blacks of doing when they say that we like to “blame whitey”. At one level it is just a cheap attempt to change the subject, to draw attention away from what whites do. But at a deeper level it is also a moral argument – directed not at black people, but at themselves.

Whites know they live in an unequal society where whites benefit and blacks get screwed. They feel guilt about that at some level because they believe in equality and believe that racism is wrong. Since they want to believe they are good people they either fight against that inequality – or make up excuses.

MAKING UP EXCUSES IS WAY EASIER

If they can blame blacks for what ever troubles we have, then they have no reason to feel guilty at all. Then they can still see themselves as good people.

CASE CLOSED

This is why you see topics in here such as “Black Criminality” “Black Knife Plague” and I haven't even looked at the other pages. Otherwise, if that does not work, they try to make blacks seem just as bad if not worse. It becomes the EVERYONE DOES IT argument. Whites, then, turn out not to be so bad after all

This just spreads the blame to others, which is almost as good :

1. It has always been done this way.
    2. Blacks have it better in UK than in Africa.
    3. All human societies are racist.
    4. The Arabs traded slaves too.

These are moral arguments but they are at the level of "Everyone Beats His Wife" or "I Only Beat My Wife On Tuesdays And Thursdays". As if that makes it all right. So in the end we know all about what is wrong with blacks, because that makes white people feel better about themselves, but very little is said about what is wrong with white people and the white racism built into society. Where is the BBC special on that ? Still waiting.

ReputationRep:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4Gfnke34LQw

ReputationRep:
    Cowpoo! Cowpoo I say!

Statistics show that black people commit a much higher proportion of crime. There are many reasons for this, but it's not racist to say it. It's fact.

I feel no guilt about how people of other races live, you make your own way in this world, the UK has very little racism in the great scheme of things.

This sounds like another case of a racist black guy. Shock horror, they exist you know. This is a case of you blaming white people for a problem you have. And because you're black it must be racism. People really arn't all that racist these days. Get over yourself.

ReputationRep:
    Blaming whitey... *Sighs*

ReputationRep:

ReputationRep:
    I don't think anyone does something because they are black/white/etc. Ethnic minorities might be more likely to be poor in this country, and therefore certain attributes are stereotypically ascribed to them, but I'd never question whether someones colour made them "good" or "bad". I find people that do frankly ridiculous.

ReputationRep:
    in fact the majority of bull**** that you talk about is often said (more accurately) by poor people about rich people.
    At least they have a valid argument and don't pull the race card all the time. I'm sure the majority of the other people from Ethnic minorities on this forum will think you are as much of an idiot as us evil "whiteys"
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by NigerianStudent)
    Only been here a day and I see lots of blame shifting arguments going on this where you are accused of doing something wrong and you immediately shift the blame on to someone else. Children do it: “Tommy did it too!” Wife beaters do it: “You made me do it.” And so do whites, especially in this forum do it to defend racism :

So they will say things like

1. Blacks have a high crime rate.
    2. Blacks carry knives.
    3. Blacks like to “blame whitey”.

And on and on. The argument is MOVED from what whites do to what other people do, mainly blacks. It is just what whites accuse blacks of doing when they say that blacks like to “blame whitey”.At one level it is just a cheap attempt to change the subject, to draw attention away from what whites do. But at a deeper level it is also a moral argument – directed not at you but at themselves.

White know they live in an unequal society where whites benefit and blacks get screwed. They feel guilt about that at some level because they believe in equality and believe that racism is wrong. Since they want to believe they are good people they either fight against that inequality – or make up excuses.

MAKING UP EXCUSES IS WAY EASIER

If they can blame blacks for what ever troubles we have, then they have no reason to feel guilty at all. Then they can still see themselves as good people.

CASE CLOSED

This is why you see topics in here such as “Black criminality” “Black Kinfe Plague” and I haven't even looked at the other pages. Otherwise, if that does not work, they try to make blacks seem just as bad if not worse. It becomes the EVERYONE DOES IT argument. Whites, then, turn out not to be so bad after all

This just spreads the blame to others, which is almost as good :

1. It has always been done this way.
    2. Blacks have it better in UK than in Africa.
    3. All human societies are racist.
    4. The Arabs traded slaves too.

These are moral arguments but they are at the level of "Everyone Beats His Wife" or "I Only Beat My Wife On Tuesdays And Thursdays". As if that makes it all right. So in the end we know all about what is wrong with blacks, because that makes white people feel better about themselves, but very little is said about what is wrong with white people and the white racism built into society. Where is the BBC special on that ? Still waiting.

I hate to inform you of this but the crime rate among blacks is higher in the UK.

The fact that there is a police unit set up purely for black on black crime says a lot.

ReputationRep:
    shut up you whiney little *****

it's the pikeys who get all the ****e round here
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Steevee)
    Cowpoo! Cowpoo I say!

Statistics show that black people commit a much higher proportion of crime. There are many reasons for this, but it's not racist to say it. It's fact.

I feel no guilt about how people of other races live, you make your own way in this world, the UK has very little racism in the great scheme of things.

This sounds like another case of a racist black guy. Shock horror, they exist you know. This is a case of you blaming white people for a problem you have. And because you're black it must be racism. People really arn't all that racist these days. Get over yourself.
    And this

ReputationRep:
    there is little to no racism in the UK. Bigotry- as in somebody giving the eye on the bus, or some flippant comments from Chavs- yes, but not racism.
    If you want actual racism, I suggest you look to Russia.

ReputationRep:
    Racism is a fact, if you dont like go back to your country!!

fair and square

and at the previous poster, there is racism in the UK ahahhahaa

ReputationRep:
    wrong forum brah, try it on an American forum.

ReputationRep:
    Holy ****, we've got a TSR Malcolm X on our hands.

ReputationRep:
    Look, I strongly believe in equality, but I assure you that blacks are racist to whites too. Any colour of skin is a target to some individuals...
    Doesn't mean to say "all whites" are the racist ones...

ReputationRep:
    Yeah, and being a **** about it all and being all... standoffish and saying 'Whitey' is you... what? Not being racist?

Not fuelling the fire in any way? Go away.

Black people commit crime.

White people commit crime.

Black people say bad things

White people say bad things.

Black people are nice

White people are nice.

Black people can be racist

White people can be racist.

Blah blah. Colour of your skin means jack all to me, and to anyone else with a brain. So go away, and stop blaming 'whitey' for all the racism, there's equal amount of racism everywhere. Anyone who displays it is an idiot.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by KingofSpades)
    there is little to no racism in the UK. Bigotry- as in somebody giving the eye on the bus, or some flippant comments from Chavs- yes, but not racism.
    If you want actual racism, I suggest you look to Russia.
    Russia is very nice in comparision to South Africa I was wondering whether BBC would talk about the murders of thousands of white farmers during the world cup but no.

(Original post by NigerianStudent)
      :lolwut:

Yes they bloody do.

(Original post by KingofSpades)
      there is little to no racism in the UK.
      Don't be silly.

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by RamocitoMorales)
      :lolwut:

Yes they bloody do.

Don't be silly.
      http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/programme...ca/8231647.stm

if we have bad racism in the UK, I wonder what this is

Feel victimized all you want- UK is an overtly tolerant and welcoming place.

ReputationRep:
      lol... Africans bring their issues on themselves. This includes slavery and everything else since then.

The fact that Africans themselves can only cite one city in an entire continent as evidence of advanced civlisation says it all. Europe and the Far East have had waves of civilisation, Africa has not.

1. See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

2. Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
  3. See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

4. The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.