Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    hi.....I have a HP laptop with window vista in it from last 2 years.It was working well n good until now.But from a few days its not charging up.It only starts when i plug in the charger.As soon I unplug the charger my laptop turns off on its own.
    Any SOLUTION

ReputationRep:
    wait for boxing day sales and buy a new one with windows 7, do not buy MAC because they are rubbish cant do anything on them

ReputationRep:
    try taking the battery out, and put it back in. otherwise it might have died. Does vista say it is charging your battery when plugged in?

ReputationRep:
    Maybe buy a new battery?
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    Is it not ovbvious that
    a) You just said your battery doesn't charge.
    b) You pulled the charger out and the laptop turns off.

Is that not an indication that your battery is kaputt?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by g_singh)
    hi.....I have a HP laptop with window vista in it from last 2 years.It was working well n good until now.But from a few days its not charging up.It only starts when i plug in the charger.As soon I unplug the charger my laptop turns off on its own.
    Any SOLUTION

omg
    i have a hp laptop
    windows vista
    just ovr 2 years old
    got a battery problem to
    its a known thing in HPs
    im never buying from pc world again.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jonasdb)
    try taking the battery out, and put it back in. otherwise it might have died. Does vista say it is charging your battery when plugged in?
    yh it says plugged in, not charging

ReputationRep:
    laptop batteries are consumable items meaning they don't last and it sounds like yours has died.

Laptop batteries should normally show signs of failing (reduced time when running on batteries)

If you need the battery to work and other than battery you reckon the laptop is going to last you a couple of years then get a new battery. If you don't think the laptop will last that long then get a new laptop.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by otilov)
    wait for boxing day sales and buy a new one with windows 7, do not buy MAC because they are rubbish cant do anything on them
    What a pathetic answer.

Thread Starter - The battery is dead

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by g_singh)
    yh it says plugged in, not charging
    Yea can't think of anything else other than your battery is dead. Make sure you have a go at adjusting it just in case there is a bad connection. Had anything happened to it once it started acting up?

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: December 19, 2010
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
    Useful resources

Articles:

The Student Room tech wikiTech forum guidelines

Quick link:

Unanswered technology and computers threads

Sponsored features:

Web Legend

Win a Macbook Air!

Blog about setting up a website for a chance to win in our Web Legend competition.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.