L100 Economics
    LSE: Unsuccessful
    Oxford: Unsuccessful
    UCL: Unsuccessful
    Warwick: Unsuccessful
    York: Conditional AAB

AS: AAAAA
    A2 Pred.: A*A*AAA
    Subjects: Maths, Economics, Physics, History, Gen Studies (doesn't count)

York was really only supposed to be my insurance, i got told with my 100% in Economics module that it would be good to aim high!

I'm only concerned about accepting my place at York because AAB seems low for my A*A*AAA prediction and IB generally recruits from York last.

What should I do?

ReputationRep:
    It's obvious, go to York or take a gap year and reapply. Do you really need peoples advice on that?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Huskaris)
    It's obvious, go to York or take a gap year and reapply. Do you really need peoples advice on that?
    But which?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by KungFuChicken)
    But which?
    We're not here to dictate your life

ReputationRep:
    York is a good uni, surprised Warwick rejected you though. LSE is literally a lottery so don't get upset about that.
    Up to you, do you think you would like to take a year out bumming around or seeing the world or even getting a job? Could aid your application if you make out like you are doing something productive... Didn't for me though, I still got told to **** off...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Huskaris)
    how does your reply help the OP in any way?

i am thinking he submitted this thread to get peoples' advice on whether to take up the offer or reapply.

with predicted grades like that i think you should take a gap year and make it really constructive with things like placements to add to your Personal Statement next time round. couple that with a set of strong A-Level results and you should fare better than a solitary AAB offer

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by KungFuChicken)
    L100 Economics
    LSE: Unsuccessful
    Oxford: Unsuccessful
    UCL: Unsuccessful
    Warwick: Unsuccessful
    York: Conditional AAB

AS: AAAAA
    A2 Pred.: A*A*AAA
    Subjects: Maths, Economics, Physics, History, Gen Studies (doesn't count)

York was really only supposed to be my insurance, i got told with my 100% in Economics module that it would be good to aim high!

I'm only concerned about accepting my place at York because AAB seems low for my A*A*AAA prediction and IB generally recruits from York last.

What should I do?
    May be an obvious question, but do you actually want to go into IB? Because some people don't, just use it as a standard for what unis are good ... and it's not the best indicator.

You do have options ... but to be honest, unless you get any of those four to consider you for a different course, you're not going to do better than York this year. How do you feel about a gap year?

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
    Applying to uni

All the essentials

The adventure begins mug

Student life: what to expect

What it's really like going to uni

Graduates celebrate

How to write a good personal statement

Expert PS advice from the people who will read it

Uni match

Uni match

Can't decide where to apply? Our tool will help you find the perfect course

Two students working together

A-Z of universities

Read our guides to unis and colleges from around the UK

A student working on a computer

Personal statement help

Use our tool to get your ideal PS quickly!

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A student looking down a microscope

Planning open days

Find upcoming open days and get advice on preparing.

Help out other students

These questions still need an answer

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.