Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Has anyone else had their driving test cancelled due to the weather?

Whilst I appreciate no-one is to blame, the way the DSA handle it is laughable. They could at least let you know on the morning of the test, at which point it's pretty clear that you wont be able to do the test in the afternoon. Instead they wait until you are at the test centre, where the locked gates and empty car park give it away. There wasn't even a notice on the fence or anything to let people know what was going on.

To re-book your test, you have to go through the same process as people booking their test for the first time, so you have to wait just as long as someone who is learning from scratch. Whereas if they'd let you know a few hours beforehand you still have time to go on the DSA website and reschedule your test, and it saves you forking out 50 quid or so for the instructor on the test day.

If you're at university you probably won't be able to do it on the new date they give you (which takes a further 4-6 weeks to arrive I've been told) and so will have to wait even longer.

It's just very deflating, getting all pysched up to take the test and worrying for nothing, not to mention the money that has to be spent on further lessons.

ReputationRep:
    That's pretty ****! Did you call them up and ask what the deal was? They didn't charge for the one that was cancelled did they?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by aleathiel)
    That's pretty ****! Did you call them up and ask what the deal was? They didn't charge for the one that was cancelled did they?
    Yes I did. All I got was an automated message saying "your rescheduled test date will be sent out in the next few weeks".

TSR, how does this thread not count as 'sensible and open ended discussion'? If this isn't a sensible discussion, what is? Why do you keep relegating my threads to places where very few or no-one will read or reply to them?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by dd4483)
    Yes I did. All I got was an automated message saying "your rescheduled test date will be sent out in the next few weeks".

TSR, how does this thread not count as 'sensible and open ended discussion'? If this isn't a sensible discussion, what is? Why do you keep relegating my threads to places where very few or no-one will read or reply to them?
    ummm maybe you should have posted it in the motoring forum

ReputationRep:
    i think new drivers should drive in these conditions you will gain exp. and it will probably get worse next year

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by unrealbot999)
    i think new drivers should drive in these conditions you will gain exp. and it will probably get worse next year
    Or at least the weather could be taken into account during the test.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
    Useful resources
    AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.