Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Likeliness of pregnancy? Watch

Announcements

Anon or delete.

Please don't lecture me on safe sex or contraception, I know the deal.

How likely is it to get pregnant from this situation:

- unprotected sex BUT he withdrew well before he came, and put on a condom for the rest of sex.

- even if there was precum, he had urinated many many times during that evening, so would this flush away any sperm left from a previous masturbation which would've been perhaps 12 hours before, if at all that day.

- it happened 3-4 days before ovulation (I know when I ovulate as I track it by a calendar and cervical mucus) so I know I was into the risky few days.

- I'm tiny, I weigh like just over 6 stone as I'm recovering from weight loss due to stress, I do get regular periods though.

- I take ibuprofen about once a week for headaches, and it is known to interfere with conception/implantation if the egg is fertilized.

So yes I was a few days before my most fertile day, but there was no ejaculation and any sperm in precum would have been flushed away? Taking that into account with my weight, how worried and paranoid should I be?

Obviously, I will take a pregnancy test when my period's due, but that's not for another week so would be too early at the moment.

anyone?

ReputationRep:
    Hard to guess. Probably unlikely but keep an eye on things and if you notice any changes take it from there.

Yeah, I guess I'll just have to be patient. My period is due on Christmas day, would be the best present of the day definitely!

ReputationRep:
    Unlikely x

ReputationRep:
    Ask a medical professional? If there was an internet forum for that :P I don't think anyone here is able to calculate the risk from the factors you've given

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: December 18, 2010
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.