Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Do any of you not get along with your partner's parents? Watch

ReputationRep:
    I've never had any trouble in this area, but both of my parents had problems with their former in-laws.

So who here has difficulties getting along with their partner's parent(s)? I'm sure some of you must have crossed paths with psycho fathers and over protective mothers (other than your own I mean )

ReputationRep:
    I thought you were talking about Grandparents... That's how I refer to one of mine.
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    i dont but only cos my boyfriends mother is a really nasty person (even by his own admission)

ReputationRep:
    I get along with my partner's parents just fine

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by imsobored.)
    I thought you were talking about Grandparents... That's how I refer to one of mine.
    You refer to one of your grandparents as 'your partner's parents'?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Blobby Bob)
    You refer to one of your grandparents as 'your partner's parents'?
    No, my "mums, mum".... Why?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by imsobored.)
    No, my "mums, mum".... Why?
    Have you perhaps misread the thread title as 'Do any of you not get along with your parent's parent?'

ReputationRep:
    No way, my bf's parents love me.

However, my mum doesn't like the fact that I actually have a bf... so there probably will be some tension if I brought him home, who knows lol

ReputationRep:
    They dont really like me, i cant stand them, or spending time with them. We are totally different people with no interest in each other. Makes things bloody hard relationship wise, and its a constant issue.

ReputationRep:
    Always been okay with them and everyone always seems to get on with my parents because, well. They're awesome.

ReputationRep:
    I don't agree with alot of the things that my bfs parents do and how they act. His dad is rude and makes me feel uncomfortable most of the time. His mum favors his sister and she gets everything she wants or has a hissy fit (she is 20!)
    I am less favored because I am with the son. His sisters bf is loved millions of times more because he is going out with her. It is made very obvious.
    But hey. I love my bf and I will bite my tongue and ignore it. I will be nice and polite just like I have been bought up to be.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Blobby Bob)
    Have you perhaps misread the thread title as 'Do any of you not get along with your parent's parent?'
    Yeah.

I'll take the shame, and my neg.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: December 17, 2010
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.