Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Whats the social scene like at Brighton University?

I'm gay and know it's a safe place for "my kind"... Just wondered what current students think of it all. I know it's not all one campus so I guess its less like a family as other universities claim.

Just for info, I'll be applying to do Management with marketing at the business school

It's a bit gay.

ReputationRep:
      Have you been to Brighton university then? Just curious as your profile sais you're in Aberdeen.

ReputationRep:
      I have to say. I'm gay and I love it. Yet believe it or not I've never actually been to any of the gay bar's or clubs. It's just not my scene tbh. But yea the nightlife is amazing. There's so many clubs to choose from and promotions in each one of them. I love it, wouldn't change my uni choice.

ReputationRep:
      I'm hoping it's going to be very open-minded and diverse socially, hopefully with quite a few P!nk look alikes, as i am also gay

ReputationRep:
      I'm not gay.. Will there be any straight men around?

ReputationRep:
      Nope, you're only allowed to Brighton University if you're gay or listen to lady gaga. A straight man who likes lady gaga is classed as "turnable" in their eyes so it's okay.

ReputationRep:
      The lady gaga test turned out to be untenable, recent policy is to invest heavily in weed and booze to jack up the turning success rate.

Seriously though, of course a 5% minority hasn't overrun the entire city, that would be silly.

ReputationRep:
      The lady gaga test turned out to be untenable, recent policy is to invest heavily in weed and booze to jack up the turning success rate.
      That's unfortunate! I guess in tough times alternative methods must be undertaken.

1. See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

2. Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
  3. See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

4. The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.