Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Hit and Run asylum seeker to stay in UK? Watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    I saw this on bbc news yesterday. I was OUTRAGED. He's killed a little girl while being banned from driving, left her to die, only got 4 months in jail and is NOT being deported because it is a "breach of his human rights". Where is the justice?!?!?! No wonder people take the piss with this country. I really feel for this girl's family. If she was my daughter this murderer wouldn't live long enough to even be deported. When it comes to things like this, screw human rights! Send him back!

Here's a source
    http://news.sky.com/skynews/Home/UK-..._To_Stay_In_UK

Do you think he should be deported?

ReputationRep:
    I used to be shocked at stuff like this, until I realised that the UK justice system is a joke...so I'm not so surprised at the decisions made now.

The UK Justice System - An ambassador for criminal rights since 1998 :borat:

ReputationRep:
    This shouldn't be surprising to anyone, even the lefty types who will naturally get huffy about it and call you a racist.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Harrifer)
    This shouldn't be surprising to anyone, even the lefty types who will naturally get huffy about it and call you a racist.
    I'm a pretty right-wing Tory, and I'll tell you that people who say things like this are fascists. Observe:

(Original post by LaReina)
    screw human rights! Send him back!
    Fascist.

ReputationRep:
    I think the man in question has had some children since the incident and maybe this is the only reason he's been granted stay in the UK - in order not to uproot his young family who have rights of their own. Just wonder whether he deliberately produced offspring in order to increase his chances of remaining in the UK...

The guy is quite clearly a despicable *******. 4 months in jail, really? If true, that does take the piss.

ReputationRep:
    He should be deported without delay, if he thinks his right to a family life still exists after he destroyed another family then he can take his children with him!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LaReina)
    I saw this on bbc news yesterday. I was OUTRAGED. He's killed a little girl while being banned from driving, left her to die, only got 4 months in jail and is NOT being deported because it is a "breach of his human rights". Where is the justice?!?!?! No wonder people take the piss with this country. I really feel for this girl's family. If she was my daughter this murderer wouldn't live long enough to even be deported. When it comes to things like this, screw human rights! Send him back!

Here's a source
    http://news.sky.com/skynews/Home/UK-..._To_Stay_In_UK

Do you think he should be deported?
    The comments on the page are rather humorous; someone was claiming they would vote for the BNP because of this! Amazing stuff.

It was an accident, was it not?

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.