Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

BNP won legal recognition for the English ethnic group in the high court this morning Watch

ReputationRep:
    The state-funded race Gestapo, known by its official name as the Equalities and Human Rights Commission (ECHR), has been defeated in its bid to kill the British National Party. A ruling in the Royal Courts of Justice this morning found against the ECHR which had launched a new action to have party leader Nick Griffin MEP declared in contempt of court.

“This is a great day for the British National Party,” Mr Griffin said. “We have won a spectacular David and Goliath victory for freedom. This is the fourth time that the politically correct state has tried to jail me, and it is the fourth time that it has blown up in their anti-British faces. Most important of all, this case forced the ECHR to acknowledge the existence of the native people of our islands as a distinct ethnic group, with the result that all members of that group are at last entitled to the full protection of anti discrimination laws.

“The English people especially are now no longer a non-people in their own country,” Mr Griffin said. It was worth going into debt and risking prison to secure this principle. But we are not going to prison. We have won. So we are going home to celebrate giving the British people an early Christmas present: freedom, equality and the right to be ourselves.”
    http://www.bnp.org.uk/news/race-gest...national-party
    This is absolutley brilliant news. The English can now benefit from the so-called "Equality" laws.

ReputationRep:
    Nyah, anyone who has a brain knows that the English constituate a majority ethnic group within England.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Hylean)
    Nyah, anyone who has a brain knows that the English constituate a majority ethnic group within England.
    But now it is not automatic that we can be discriminated against.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kickflip)
    But now it is not automatic that we can be discriminated against.
    Psh, it never was.

ReputationRep:
    So we are going home to celebrate giving the British people an early Christmas present: freedom, equality and the right to be ourselves.
    Erm, we already have those rights. Where has the BNP been living for the past century?

ReputationRep:
    Wow, what an asinine misinterpretation of todays proceedings. :rofl:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Aeolus)
    Wow, what an asinine misinterpretation of todays proceedings. :rofl:
    What actually happened? In the interests of balance (and for my benefit, considering this has passed me by).

ReputationRep:
    I thought english was already an ethnic group? What a stupid man

ReputationRep:
    Who cares? These rodents will never achieve anything.

ReputationRep:
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-12014807

An alternate view on the news. Doesnt so much sound like a strike for equality and justice and more the BNP have finally complied with a previous court order?

ReputationRep:
    How I've dreamt of this day :cry2:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kickflip)
    This is absolutley brilliant news. The English can now benefit from the so-called "Equality" laws.

Didn't it recognise the welsh ethnic group too?

ReputationRep:
    If I rated how much I gave a **** and with what degree of enthusiasm I read this thread on a scale of 1-10, it would be a 2

ReputationRep:
    well ermm congratulations BNP for winning ermm what did they win exactly?

ReputationRep:
    Ooooh We're gonna take all your jerbs! :ahee:http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-12022613

ReputationRep:
    “The English people especially are now no longer a non-people in their own country,” Mr Griffin said. It was worth going into debt and risking prison to secure this principle. But we are not going to prison. We have won."

Firstly, why do BRITISH national party members always go on about the English and England - surely you should be talking about Britain?

Secondly, the whole article was ridiculously stupid, but this bit particularly. They didn't win anything, they were told by the court to change, then sued because they didn't change and quickly put through the changes after the lawsuit was already filed. They've fully complied with the court so haven't secured "freedom" (I look forward to experiencing this - there was me thinking we were already free), they've just done what they were told to under threat of prosecution.

I can't say I'm surprised BNP members fall for it though. But saying that, and ignoring all their views, how anyone can take a political party that uses slogans like "The state-funded race Gestapo" seriously is beyond me.

ReputationRep:
    That's good, every cupid stunt has a silver lining it seems .

ReputationRep:
    If there is a master race, Nick Griffin is not part of it. LOOK AT HIM.

ReputationRep:
    " known by its official name as the Equalities and Human Rights Commission (ECHR)"

You illiterate *****.

The ECHR is, of course, the European Convention on Human Rights.

ReputationRep:
    Good.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
    Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.