Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

EY 2011 Interns. watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Who's been offered an internship? What division and office?

Thought it would be a good way of getting to know other EY'ers.

ReputationRep:
    Corporate Finance, London Bridge.

ReputationRep:
    Awesome :-)

Forgot to add my own :lol:

Audit, Southampton.

ReputationRep:
    Wicked, well done mate!

ReputationRep:
    Direct Tax, Liverpool.

ReputationRep:
    Audit, London

ReputationRep:
    I've got my first interview coming up at the beginning of february, I was wondering if any you could shed some light on what to expect? Is it just the standard sort of competency questions? Any advice is appreciated, thanks!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by UCLian12)
    Audit, London
    Congrats mate :-)

(Original post by obstacle2)
    I've got my first interview coming up at the beginning of february, I was wondering if any you could shed some light on what to expect? Is it just the standard sort of competency questions? Any advice is appreciated, thanks!
    Hey, the questions aren't the same as normal competency questions, they are strength based. So be aware of what your strengths are and examples, they may ask you questions such as how would you organise your week or what do you enjoy more learning a theory or applying it, things like that.

Also need to be aware of what the role you're applying for entails, what you will be doing, demonstrate you've done some research, might get asked where you see yourself in 3 years at the end. Also prepare some questions to ask.

Wikijobs has some useful info.

Good luck!

ReputationRep:
    Do any of you know if applications are still open for Audit positions? I've had an application on the go for ages but got bogged down with other work before I had the chance to send it off; I just hope I haven't left it too late.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by montyr)

Hey, the questions aren't the same as normal competency questions, they are strength based. So be aware of what your strengths are and examples, they may ask you questions such as how would you organise your week or what do you enjoy more learning a theory or applying it, things like that.

Also need to be aware of what the role you're applying for entails, what you will be doing, demonstrate you've done some research, might get asked where you see yourself in 3 years at the end. Also prepare some questions to ask.

Wikijobs has some useful info.

Good luck!
    Thanks for that! Been on wikijobs- v. useful! My interview has been moved to next week now, eek! Hopefully it'll go alright, more nervous about the AC really if I do get through!

ReputationRep:
    Thanks for that! Been on wikijobs- v. useful! My interview has been moved to next week now, eek! Hopefully it'll go alright, more nervous about the AC really if I do get through!
    Should be fine tbh, I found both incredibly relaxed and I had never done an AC before.

You'll be fine, just prepare well and back everything you say up with examples.

ReputationRep:
    London Bridge, Direct Tax

ReputationRep:
    Congrats lad.

ReputationRep:
    I'm a girl but cheers anyway ha

ReputationRep:
    I'm a girl but cheers anyway ha
    Haha alright fair enough, congrats lass.

Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?
Useful resources

Articles:

Guide to finance and bankingGuide to accountancy

Featured recruiter profiles:

Deutsche Bank logo

Deutsche Bank is recruiting

"Thrive in an international banking environment"

ICAEW logo

ICAEW

"Choose a career journey with limitless possibilities."

Quick link:

Unanswered finance and accountancy threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.