Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

BIRD is the WORD for UK Christmas number 1 2010 to beat X-Factor Watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Your opinions? Several groups have formed in the last month but this seems to be the biggest and the only one which has a chance of reaching the Christmas Number One. For those of you who were living in a cave last Christmas, Rage Against the Machine - Killing in the Name became the Christmas Number One after a similar Facebook campaign was created to stop The X Factor winner from achieving a Christmas Number One after 3 year run.

Facebook page - http://www.facebook.com/birdbirdbird...app_7146470109

Also, a link on how to purchase the song for free. It still counts towards the charts.

http://www.hotukdeals.com/deals/surf...-emusic/824821

No

1. Its called Surfin' Bird. Not Bird is the Word
      2. The original is the most annoying sound ever made. I can only put up with the Family guy Version

I'm not saying to have this X Factor crap as Number 1 as well. Anything but those 2 will suffice.

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by Loz17)
      No

1. Its called Surfin' Bird. Not Bird is the Word
      2. The original is the most annoying sound ever made. I can only put up with the Family guy Version

I'm not saying to have this X Factor crap as Number 1 as well. Anything but those 2 will suffice.
      Just copied the title from the Facebook page. Most people know what "Bird is the word is", but not Surfin' Bird.

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by RedGuy)
      Ok, this is what I can't stand about the 2010 campaign...

Last year, it was unified and we (yeah, I did download it twice) managed to get Killing in the Name to Christmas Number One 2009 :cool:

This year on the other hand, so many people saw it done last year and want a song of their choice to reach the top spot. There are SO MANY Christmas Number One 2010 campaigns going round, varying from Biffy's version of 'Many of Horror', Gamu's song (That girl who was going to get deported) and now Surfin' Bird.

This is why I doubt it's going to be successful this year and unfortunately, another X Factor win..

(Original post by RedGuy)
        Just copied the title from the Facebook page. Most people know what "Bird is the word is", but not Surfin' Bird.
        No point having something as Xmas number one if no one knows what it actually is....

ReputationRep:
        (Original post by metro2610)
        Ok, this is what I can't stand about the 2010 campaign...

Last year, it was unified and we (yeah, I did download it twice) managed to get Killing in the Name to Christmas Number One 2009 :cool:

This year on the other hand, so many people saw it done last year and want a song of their choice to reach the top spot. There are SO MANY Christmas Number One 2010 campaigns going round, varying from Biffy's version of 'Many of Horror', Gamu's song (That girl who was going to get deported) and now Surfin' Bird.

This is why I doubt it's going to be successful this year and unfortunately, another X Factor win..
        Surfin' Bird's the one that's caught on though - it's currently #3.

ReputationRep:
        (Original post by electriic_ink)
        I was not aware of this!

Should be currently #1 though and probably would be if it wasn't for other groups. See my point?

Seriously what has happened to music these days :facepalm2:

ReputationRep:
          (Original post by metro2610)
          I was not aware of this!

Should be currently #1 though and probably would be if it wasn't for other groups. See my point?
          Yeah. Biffy Clyro's #7. Trashmen would be #1 if people picked a song and stuck to it. Shame :no:

ReputationRep:
          The people buying this are as stupid as those buying the X Factor single.

ReputationRep:
          its not even in the top #100 - am i missing sumthing?

http://www.bbc.co.uk/radio1/chart/singles

ReputationRep:
          its not even in the top #100 - am i missing sumthing?

http://www.bbc.co.uk/radio1/chart/singles

EDIT: my bad! IT IS #3 http://www.bbc.co.uk/radio1/chart/update/singles

ReputationRep:
          Cage Against the Machine for 2011 Christmas no. 1, duh. Iss funny an kreativ gimmick

http://www.facebook.com/#!/cageagainstthemachine

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
        Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
        Useful resources

Articles:

TSR wiki music section

Quick link:

Unanswered music threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
      • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
        Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.