Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

What song should I remix? Watch

ReputationRep:
    Hey I want to remix a song, I'd probably turn it into some Dubstep themed tune.

But I want some suggestions from any sort of genre really.
    Thanks

ReputationRep:
    villalobos mdma

ReputationRep:
    Whatever you do, itl most likely be a bit ****.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by spocckka)
    Whatever you do, itl most likely be a bit ****.
    No I'm pro, just ask my nan.

ReputationRep:

ReputationRep:
    whip my hair

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by F i s)
    No I'm pro, just ask my nan.
    Ok il ask next time she wants sex

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by F i s)
    Hey I want to remix a song, I'd probably turn it into some Dubstep themed tune.

But I want some suggestions from any sort of genre really.
    Thanks
    i generally prefer dubstep remixes to original songs... what kind were you thinking of? there's basic ones like jakwob with the vocal stems remixed with backgroung or there's other ones like neon lights. i.e. you change the tempo & backing track, but yeah mainly vocal shuffling and effects was it a mainstream song you were going to remix? my favourite's the jamie xx remix of you've got the love

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by amsie/)
    i generally prefer dubstep remixes to original songs... what kind were you thinking of? there's basic ones like jakwob with the vocal stems remixed with backgroung or there's other ones like neon lights. i.e. you change the tempo & backing track, but yeah mainly vocal shuffling and effects was it a mainstream song you were going to remix? my favourite's the jamie xx remix of you've got the love
    Yeah I was thinking on the lines of instrumental reworking. Mainly using melodies or vocals to add to the song. I also like that remix of you've got the love.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by beecher)
    whip my hair
    I've found a sample where it says "I whip my hair back and f***" should I use this?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by F i s)
    Yeah I was thinking on the lines of instrumental reworking. Mainly using melodies or vocals to add to the song. I also like that remix of you've got the love.
    Ah... ok I prefer mainstream remixes so I'd probs recommend something current/ to be released next year. I don't really like hip hop remixes except theforever remix by nero last year, so, yeah, something pop but keep the vocals only they're the best part and need a proper beat

ReputationRep:
    Kush - Dre, feat Snoop, Akon and Sly.

DO IT NAO

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by beecher)
    whip my hair
    OK. here's my remix of it:

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
    Useful resources

Articles:

TSR wiki music section

Quick link:

Unanswered music threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.