Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Have never really had a girlfiriend, i will put it down to a number of things:

1: Too Quiet
    2:Lack Confidence and Self Esteam.
    3: Was Bullied in School (Although i carnt really make this an excuse but i dont know)

4: Dont think think that iam Attractive
    5: Never really gone up to a girl and started speaking to them, i dont know what to talk about and even if i did, i think they would think i,m being boring etc

6: My Mate has got a girlfriend and he is quiet too.
    7: I Let onto a couple of girls but thats about it (Saying Hello) how you doing, you alright, but then the convrsation breaks down)

8: I Like a Couple of Girls thats all :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    I am a male, and I just want to hug you right now.

Spoiler:
    Show
    Sorry if that didn't help

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Blocparty12)
    Have never really had a girlfiriend, i will put it down to a number of things:
    seriously read the mmmillions of other threads on TSR about this. you are not alone
    firstly the attractiveness thing - just work with what you've got, get a good hair-cut, wear nice clothes, have good hygiene haha etc. someone somewhere will find you attractive I am sure!

the quietness thing - lots of girls are also quiet (not me though) and it is nothing to be ashamed of. however you need to develop some kind of conversation with people, otherwise it just looks like you are anti-social and don't want to talk to anyone
    how are you? is a good starting point, followed by what have you been up to this weekend? or what are your plans for christmas? if the girl is nice she will surely give you a decent reply and ask you the same thing back, even if you aren't doing anything at the weekend, try to think of something to say as 'not much' is a bit of a convo-killer

if your friend has a girlfriend, you should try and get involved a bit with her friends, you can practice getting confident around girls etc.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: December 17, 2010
Poll
Who is your favourite TV detective?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.