Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Another does he like me post?! Watch

So there's this guy who i've been liking for quite awhile now, i don't find him physically attractive but i really like his personality and i can just feel there's something there. (haha how lame?) Anyway, we were friends, we would text each other lots. Most of it would be banter, us teasing etc. When i was with him he would "push" me or whatever playfully. I didn't see it as flirting but all my friends did. Now there are two girls which he spends a lot of time with and in the past I have been intimidated by them and i came to know they were saying things like "does she like him?" "she's always texting him etc" and laughing etc. I got really upset as i felt that he was talking about me behind my back and was laughing at me? So for awhile i spoke to him but maybe was a little short with him etc. Things got a bit awkward.

Anyway I found out the other day from a mutual friend that the guy said he actually liked me and wanted to find out if i liked him back. I also found out the girls weren't making fun out of me they were merely trying to find out if i liked him. And they were laughing at the situation rather than at me. They were teasing him about liking me and not teasing me because i liked him. So i felt bad for misunderstanding the situation and i have made more of an effort with him. However, things are awkward still and he ignores me. Though he said he liked me a few days ago?? He texts back but won't text first. I can't make eye contact with him and everything is just awkward. His friend told me that the guy is shy when it comes to girls, but he doesn't come across like that, he seems like a true lad.

I don't know what to do, he's made me fall for him but now is acting weird. i have realised that i really like him and told his friend very very casually (hinted at it) that i liked him.

Does he like me? why is he doing this? i miss him so much. What am i supposed to do? should i have told the mutual friend about my feelings? I pretty much can't stop thinking about him.

I am so so sorry about the long rant but your help would be appreciated so much.

ReputationRep:
    Sounds like he does, just give it a go and ask him out somewhere, see where that goes. Better than doing nothing.

(Original post by Veldrin)
    Sounds like he does, just give it a go and ask him out somewhere, see where that goes. Better than doing nothing.
    By why would he ignore me? Wouldn't it sound really desperate to ask him out?

Thanks for the reply!

ReputationRep:
    It's only awkward if you make it awkward. Just ask him to go with you to X at X time and day. I'm sure he'll go for it, if not then at least you'll be sure. I will point out that you shouldn't have acted short with him based on assumptions, in general if there's not enough evidence for a conviction then the best thing to do is ignore it.

EDIT: Also, stop texting so much. It is lame and wastes stuff you could be talking about face to face.

But surely if he liked me he would have made more of an effort?

Why is he ignoring me? And i think my initial assumptions about his girl friends are not

far of as they have been speaking about me in lectures for some reason.

Thank you for your reply!

(Original post by Breedlove)
    It's only awkward if you make it awkward. Just ask him to go with you to X at X time and day. I'm sure he'll go for it, if not then at least you'll be sure. I will point out that you shouldn't have acted short with him based on assumptions, in general if there's not enough evidence for a conviction then the best thing to do is ignore it.

EDIT: Also, stop texting so much. It is lame and wastes stuff you could be talking about face to face.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    But surely if he liked me he would have made more of an effort?

Why is he ignoring me? And i think my initial assumptions about his girl friends are not

far of as they have been speaking about me in lectures for some reason
    Why should he have made more of an effort? Also, you said that he is shy when it comes to girls yet you have experienced the opposite. Maybe he just finds it hard to get himself to push a relationship further with a girl past a certain point.

Why is he ignoring you? No idea, not enough information given. Maybe he was put off by your shortness and whatever may have happened in the development of awkwardness (which you may have instigated given that you got really upset). Maybe that revealed to him a side of your character which he didn't like. I don't know, they're just guesses.

(Original post by Anonymous)
    And i think my initial assumptions about his girl friends are not

far of as they have been speaking about me in lectures for some reason.
    Why did you act so much on assumptions earlier? Don't act upon something that you know little about, it doesn't shine through as a positive character trait.

ReputationRep:
    From what you've written the situation seems like this to me.

He likes you. He has either told his girl friends that he likes you or they've worked it out from the fact you've been texting each other a lot. You have pushed him away quite a bit by confronting him seeing as he hadn't done anything wrong. He is shy around girls that he actually fancies, acting like a 'lad' is probably a charade.

Your choice is simple: Either wait for him to ask you out or take the initiative and do it yourself.

A girl asking a guy out is not desperate at all. Other girls may think so, but the fact that you've gone after what you want means you'll be happier than those who sit around waiting for someone to come and pick them up. Speaking as a guy who was asked out once by a girl I fancied, he'll love it and make him feel awesome.

ReputationRep:
    You were short with him and you're wondering why he doesn't initiate as much now?

ReputationRep:
    Maybe his girl friends secretly like him, and are trying to push you away?! Just a thought...

Tbh i didn't word it properly. I wasn't really short with him

i was just a little reluctant to talk on a couple of occassions. When he asked me what was wrong i put it down to me being ill, which i was.

He seems ok to talk to me on facebook etc but he cannot seem to talk to me. Do guys even ignore girls they like?!

Thanks for the reply.

(Original post by NathanW18)
    You were short with him and you're wondering why he doesn't initiate as much now?

I don't think he ignores me because of those two occasions because we've texted since and have spoken on fb but he can't seem to talk to me face to face and i find it hard to approach him when he's with his friends, which is all of the time.

I've been the one initiating the conversation for awhile so i just want him to show that he wants me. I was going to refrain from texting/ contacting him till we get back to uni in jan. Would this make him miss me more? leading him to make more of an effort later? Surely if he liked me he would make a little more effort?

Failing this, i will ask him out after exams are over.

Thank you for the reply.

(Original post by TimD)
    From what you've written the situation seems like this to me.

He likes you. He has either told his girl friends that he likes you or they've worked it out from the fact you've been texting each other a lot. You have pushed him away quite a bit by confronting him seeing as he hadn't done anything wrong. He is shy around girls that he actually fancies, acting like a 'lad' is probably a charade.

Your choice is simple: Either wait for him to ask you out or take the initiative and do it yourself.

A girl asking a guy out is not desperate at all. Other girls may think so, but the fact that you've gone after what you want means you'll be happier than those who sit around waiting for someone to come and pick them up. Speaking as a guy who was asked out once by a girl I fancied, he'll love it and make him feel awesome.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: December 20, 2010
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.