The Student Room Group

What language do you most want to learn?

Scroll to see replies

French as I used to learn the language and want to pick it up again, plus I'll properly be visiting France soon.
Japanese as i'm interested in the culture.
Original post by EmperorMustard
I want to be able to speak Esperanto like a native.

I see what you did there :biggrin:

Outside of the three I'm already attempting to learn to pass this degree (Spanish, Italian, Catalan for those who don't make it as far as the sig), I'd like to learn Finnish. Other than that, I'll settle for improving my Italian and Catalan :cool:
French, I know a bit already but I want to speak fluently :biggrin:

Also, Russian... so I can become a spy, I imagine Britain will be wanting spies so they can somehow sabotage their world cup through spite :ninja:
Original post by hash007
Icelandic, so I can understand what the lyrics by Sigur Rós mean

Also one of my reasons! It wouldn't solve the mystery of Hopelandic though :frown:
Reply 44
Icelandic <3
German. And Japanese. And Italian ...
Reply 46
Somali
Arabic
Japanese without doubt. Reason? So I can chat up hot asian girls and it would also mean that I can play Japanese released games and understand them!
My brain is saying Mandarin-Chinese but my heart is saying Korean! :eek:
Reply 50
Mandarin Chinese. I like the culture and have always wanted to go to China. Seems to be one of the hardest languages but I like a challenge :smile:
Reply 51
arab
wanna know wth is bin laden is talking on his videos.. xD
Reply 52
In b4 Klingon
Reply 53
Japanese, cause it's such a goddamn beautiful language. And German, because I'm half German and I feel there's some sort of moral obligation there.
Reply 54
Original post by SoulfulBoy
Necesitas mucho nivel para hablar castellano como lo hago yo, memo.

I can't speak Spanish :colonhash:
German! :smile:
I'd love to learn at least one asian language like thai, mandarin or japanese, as it's a completely different culture over there.
or Russian. because i love the buildings there.
Learning French but i like Spanish more
Reply 58
Original post by EmperorMustard
I want to be able to speak Esperanto like a native.

Repped for subtle joke.

I most want to learn Anglo-Saxon, which I've finally started; and Norse, which I'm doing quite well at.

I want to learn those languages because there's a lot of interesting stuff recorded in them. Beowulf, the Anglo-Saxon Chronicle, Egil's Saga, the Eddas...
I am going to use rosseta stone it helps!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending