The Student Room Group

What language do you most want to learn?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 80
latin because after you mention it all the romance languages like spanish, french and italian would be easier to learn and id love to travel all three countries.

but to be honest i think itd be amazing to be able to read and write japanese.
Reply 81
Japanese :smile:
Reply 82
I would absolutely kill to learn Hindi. beautiful language, it flows well.

also Spanish, such a romantic language.
Finnish, it's a beautiful language and I'd love to be able to understand it and speak it. :love: Also, Estonian, Icelandic, Japanese, Korean, Swedish, Latin - properly. I can read some Latin but not much anymore, I'd like to pick it up again. :h: Also Mandarin and maybe I can get my flatmate to teach me Cantonese... :biggrin:
C+
Reply 85
S-so many beautiful languages listed in this thread :gah:

Reelo
-

It's definitely not at the standard I want it to be, really. Lots of Japanese expats live in my apartment block and I could barely keep up with their banter today (I'm a silent stalker!). It's not so much the slang/grammar/whatever it is people find hard, but it's just that I forgot a LOT of vocab since I stopped learning ...

Well, it doesn't matter :smile: What do you find most beautiful when it comes to Japanese?
Reply 86
Norwegian, Icelandic, Old Norse. Or should it be Icelandic/Old Norse?

WhAtEvZzz
Reply 87
I did French up to GCSE, i'd like to be able to speak it fluently though. I also think Spanish would be a nice one as well as Italian <3

Plus, British Sign Language :-)
Reply 88
atm my plan is to start learning Italian, so i'll pick that :P
Reply 89
Original post by hannah_dru
Also one of my reasons! It wouldn't solve the mystery of Hopelandic though :frown:

I know, it's a beautiful language though.
no one cares but i don't care either.

mandarin, korean, japanese.
russian, german, french.
Vietnamese
Either Japanese (interesting culture, multitude of benefits associated with speaking it) or Latin.

I find both languages fascinating, although I wouldn't really want to speak Latin (being as it's "dead"), just be able to read it. Wouldn't mind learning Italian either so I guess Latin would help me with that.
French or Japanese.
Reply 94
I'm currently learning French... but the languages I really want to learn & speak fluently are German and Russian!

I love the way both of those languages sound, especially German. As for Russian, I find Russian history really interesting (:

Unfortunately, neither language is offered at my school, so I'm stuck doing French :/
Spanish, French, Arabic, Russian.
Mandarin, it's one of the six official United Nations languages and I want to work in international trade so Mandarin would be very handy :smile:
Arabic!, It's strange how i can read it, but i don't understand it :K:
Reply 98
I learned Chinese for many years but it takes practice to read and write and I'm not able to do them. I'd like to improve my speaking Chinese skill since I can understand alot already. I'd like to improve my Spanish. High school Spanish is a faded memory now.
arabic

Quick Reply