Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Error on ucas application - which one of these should i contact? Watch

ReputationRep:
    i rang UCAS earlier on today and informed them that i had might a slight error on my UCAS form. they told me that it wouldn't have no implications and could contact the universities if i wish to do so

should i email the university itself or email the admissions tutor of the course?

thanks in advance

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lks)
    i rang UCAS earlier on today and informed them that i had might a slight error on my UCAS form. they told me that it wouldn't have no implications and could contact the universities if i wish to do so

should i email the university itself or email the admissions tutor of the course?

thanks in advance
    have u finished your application and sent it off because track is not available right now?

https://track.ucas.com/status/index.html

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MylesXD)
    have u finished your application and sent it off because track is not available right now?

https://track.ucas.com/status/index.html
    forgot to mention, yeah i have sent it off and the assistant at ucas told me that once the form is sent off - there is no way of changing it

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lks)
    forgot to mention, yeah i have sent it off and the assistant at ucas told me that once the form is sent off - there is no way of changing it
    :/ you have 14 days to change it from the day you have sent it BUT as track is not available either email UCAS or wait until tracks back online and withdraw your application and make the necessary changes , you would have to get your college to re-send it again though

ReputationRep:
    :/ you have 14 days to change it from the day you have sent it BUT as track is not available either email UCAS or wait until tracks back online and withdraw your application and make the necessary changes , you would have to get your college to re-send it again though
    i'll have to wait untill track is up and running then - what happens if the universities are already processing my application and i withdraw it?

would you email the admissions tutor or the university itself?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lks)
    i'll have to wait untill track is up and running then - what happens if the universities are already processing my application and i withdraw it?

What is the error?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lks)

yeah what is the error?

ReputationRep:
    yeah what is the error?
    i put an AS level subject (pending - going to be awarded in june-august) in the GCE advanced level section (pending)

ReputationRep:
    Personally I would ring the universities up. E-mails can take awhile to be replied to whereas if you're actually speaking to someone there and then, things are more likely to be resolved at a quicker pace.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lks)
    i put an AS level subject (pending - going to be awarded in june-august) in the GCE advanced level section (pending)
    Don't withdraw an application over that.

E-mail the unis to inform them of the error.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lks)
    hahaha, could just ring up UCAS see if they will change it, or just ring up the unis it will be sooo much easy then withdrawing your applications but is up 2 you

ReputationRep:
    hahaha, could just ring up UCAS see if they will change it, or just ring up the unis it will be sooo much easy then withdrawing your applications but is up 2 you
    i rang ucas and they said its nothing major, and to email the university. i wanted to know if i should email the university itself or the admissions tutor of the course?

ReputationRep:
    No, it's not - withdraw it and that it, over for this cycle. He'd need to reapply next year.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lks)
    i rang ucas and they said its nothing major, and to email the university. i wanted to know if i should email the university itself or the admissions tutor of the course?
    Admissions tutor of the course.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TheSownRose)
    No, it's not - withdraw it and that it, over for this cycle. He'd need to reapply next year.
    i'm glad track is down then incase i did try to withdraw it. they should understand though as extended project is generally an AS level subject. however i will email the uni's

ReputationRep:
    why don't u read it? you are allow to withdraw it within 14 days on the day of the welcome letter

ReputationRep:
    Admissions tutor of the course.
    thanks, do you think it will weaken my application?

ReputationRep:
    why don't u read it? you are allow to withdraw it within 14 days on the day of the welcome letter
    You can withdraw your application at any time. However, OP still wants to go to university and, if he withdraws it, he cannot enter another application.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lks)
    thanks, do you think it will weaken my application?
    No - people make mistakes like this all the time.

ReputationRep:
    I'd just email the admissions department of each university, I did that for a much more serious error and they were very good about it.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
    Applying to uni

All the essentials

The adventure begins mug

Student life: what to expect

What it's really like going to uni

Graduates celebrate

How to write a good personal statement

Expert PS advice from the people who will read it

Uni match

Uni match

Can't decide where to apply? Our tool will help you find the perfect course

Two students working together

A-Z of universities

Read our guides to unis and colleges from around the UK

A student working on a computer

Personal statement help

Use our tool to get your ideal PS quickly!

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A student looking down a microscope

Planning open days

Find upcoming open days and get advice on preparing.

Help out other students

These questions still need an answer

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.