Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

21,never been in a relationship,does this girl like me? watch

Hi all,

I'm nearly 22 and never had a gf. A few nights ago I went out with some classmates including a girl I didn't know very well. It went really well and I danced with this girl and then she held my hand (she initiated this,felt pretty good having never done this before) after inviting me back to her place saying how I should go out with them (her and her friends) more. I really like her.

Is it possible from this that she likes me or am I just being an idiot and misinterpreting her?

ReputationRep:
    Anon is clearly a closet playa :yes:

ReputationRep:
    Was she drunk? (This is not a snide remark btw)

ReputationRep:
    She likes you.

when youve never been in a relationship its natural to be over cautious.

Ask her out, whats the worse that can happen?!

ReputationRep:
    Just ask her on a "date" so to speak and get personal. Don't fall into the "friend" zone or you'll lose your chance. Just after a week or two say you like her and see her response, she might say "I like you too, but I need to know you a bit better" or just say she wants to be friends. If you wait to long, rejection will just hurt.

(Original post by polaroid13)
    Was she drunk? (This is not a snide remark btw)
    She didn't seem drunk. Then again I was nearly in a stupor.

ReputationRep:
    She may indeed like you, ask her to go out.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    She didn't seem drunk. Then again I was nearly in a stupor.
    Hmm.
    What I would say, is bite the bullet, contact her, and don't get friend-zoned! I agree with Xhotas.

Also, you said she invited you back to hers...what happened? Kinda confused lol.

ReputationRep:
    Aww. She does

(Original post by josh_v)
    She likes you.

when youve never been in a relationship its natural to be over cautious.

Ask her out, whats the worse that can happen?!
    Seriously!? My fear of rejection is almost incomprehensible. Every year that goes bye it gets worse. Ahhhh!

ReputationRep:
    Seriously!? My fear of rejection is almost incomprehensible. Every year that goes bye it gets worse. Ahhhh!
    Rejection isn't as bad as you might think. This is probably why you've never been in a relationship. If you get rejected, no biggie. It just means that next time you find a girl you like, you'll be more confident asking her out, as you've already felt what rejection was like before.
    I seriously doubt that girl is going to say no though.

ReputationRep:
    Ive only had one girlfriend (still my current gf)

We met at work, flirted quite a bit was the first girl i was really involved with that wasnt just a drunken attempt to chat them up/bit of fun.

She was clearly interested but i kept somehow convincing myself that she wasnt interested/it was meaningless even though she was clearly interested.

I left it all down to her, and she did eventually make all the moves. Looking back though, if she had decided not to do anything about it and nothing had happened I would now feel really stupid for not taking my chance.

I think its because id never been in that situation before and id never asked a girl out before that i was so hesitant. But as you have already identified, the longer you leave it, the harder it becomes.

Oh and 2 years on, she still reminds me that i didnt man up and left it all down to her!

ReputationRep:
    Rejection is really not so bad. And I say this as someone who has been rejected a couple of times.
    Think about it logically: what's the worst that can happen? She's not your girlfriend now, if she rejects you, she will continue to not be your girlfriend. You will technically have lost nothing.
    If, however, you ask her out, and she says yes, the possibilities are endless!
    He who dares wins.

How long do I have to ask her before getting 'friend-zoned'?

ReputationRep:
    Do you have her phone number?

Any real reason (bar your fear of rejection) that you shouldnt text her right now and ask her on a date?

ReputationRep:
    How long do I have to ask her before getting 'friend-zoned'?
    No time like the present...

ReputationRep:
    I think we all agree that you should text her immediately, ask her out for a drink some time, and let us know what happens.

ReputationRep:
    Awww!

That is all.

ReputationRep:
    Go out and approach girls until you get at least 10 rejections. Come back and tell me if you're still scared

ReputationRep:
    Looks like OP ran.

Shame

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: December 18, 2010
Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.