Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I use standard hair gel and matt clay but I'm looking for something better.

I don't mind how expensive it is, but a proper wax that won't be too sticky in the hair but will make a difference to my look.

Any suggestions are valid. The sort of stuff that make up stylists use on guys on their shows...

Thanks

ReputationRep:
    depends what texture?

If gel type then you should use Garnier Fructise texturing gum. Comes in a little tub, few varieties of it depending on how strong you want it.

Basically just a gum and it's easy to apply to your hair where as wax can be difficult

ReputationRep:
    Anything by bedhead. Smells amazing and very very strong regardless of what you want to do.

ReputationRep:
    Thanks. Basically what I don't like with the products I use is that they make my hair sticky and it just looks like I've wet my hair basically !

ReputationRep:
    Hair loss

ReputationRep:
    Fudge hair shaper.

ReputationRep:
    This is quite standard stuff, but I loved the VO5 matt clay when I styled my hair properly. It shapes your hair brilliantly, and once it's in, it just looks like normal hair. The clay sometimes sticks in lumps on your hair though, so you don't need much.
    There's probably better ones out there, but that's what I used.

ReputationRep:
    Redken pastes are really good.

ReputationRep:
    Schwarzkopf mess up gum, its quality :yes:

ReputationRep:
    Dax Wax.
    Messy on hands but is the best stuff I have ever used. Experimented with thousands of products for over seven years.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.