Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

my boyfriend tellsme everything.. Watch

i really mean EVERYTHING... and i sometimes dont want to know...
    so in my last relationship that lasted 3 years i ended up not trusting him at all and he was the type of person that would intentionally try and make you jealous,,,so i became a bit of a jealous person around him.. but ex's are ex's for reason..
    it ended and i moved on and met this amazing guy and we have been together for nearly a year now.. he makes me so happy and i honesty have no reason at all to complain cause he shows me in everyway how much he loves me..
    but he tells me everything..he says he has nothing to hide from me and wants me to know everything so that the trust between us is strong.. he will tell me if he bumped in to his ex, he told me exactly why his last relationships ended, how annoyed he was when his friend dated his ex, he pointed out the girl he had a crush on in highschool..and so on..
    but because of my experience with my ex i sometimes get carried away and feel a tiny bit insecure and like i am back in my ex relationship, even tho i shouldnt because he is just being honest with me and there is nothing wrong with that. i dont tell him anything of that sort because i think he would feel awkward as i do..but he doesnt..he wants to know..
    he is lovely and he says that i am probably the one and we are looking to buy a flat AND i know i am being irrational but i cant help not wanting to know about some things all because of my bad experience with ex trying to make me jealous...
    sorry for the rant,,, i just wanted to put my thoughts down and see what you guys think and if anyone has had the same experience!!
    thanks

ReputationRep:
    He sounds alright, calm down woman!

i forgot to say i do fully trust him.. i just cant help but feel like it idid in my last relationship

ReputationRep:
    Speak to him about it and let him know. He sounds fine tbh, but clearly doesn't know how you might be feeling when he points out people he used to fancy and such. At least he's being honest with you though - some people would beg for this! Have a chat with him, am sure he'll get what you mean

ReputationRep:
    you are overreacting..forget about your ex. as you said ex's are ex's for a reason.
    he sounds fine. if it bothers you tho talk to him

I think it's the fact that you spent a long time with your ex and ended up not trusting him that's making you feel this way here. I guess that once your relationship moves into a place that you didn't have with your ex you'll feel more secure.

Submit reply
    TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: December 17, 2010
  1. See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

2. Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
  3. See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

4. The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.