Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    so i'm a sixteen year old girl and i really want to become a fashion designer. but i know nowadays its not JUST about talent as who you know, what you've done and won, etc.

so i created this so people could post fashion related competitions, courses, etc which a 16 year old could take part in. i don't mind if its fashion design, accessory design, fashion photography, and so on - i'll literally take anything; i'm a fashion slut

i've already entered a couple of competitions such as Clothes Show Design Awards, and i've booked one of those Central St Martins fashion design summer courses, but i really want my summer (2011) / next year to be filled with all sorts of fashion-related experiences

anyway cheers for reading

EDIT: and if it helps, i'm taking art, textiles, english lit and economics for a level, and my uni of choice would be Central St Martins ... not too sure where to go for this whole 1 year art foundation course thing

ReputationRep:
    Hey, I'm the same!

At the momment looking for internships, definately interested in fashion. I love sewing and the technical side, but also do economics so looking at fashion business and buying and all that jazzz.

I'm looking at the courses in summer, the LCF ones but not sure which to take..pattern cutting or business. it's a hard chocie, also i do textiles, economics, maths and biology, going to drop biology next year.

What specific course are you doing at CSM? What other uni's are you looking at?
    For me it's manchester and leeds, and then i don't know, because i want the student experience but also a good fashion school and it's a hard combination!

xxxxx

ReputationRep:
    Hey guys.
    I know about IFA Paris, they have a fashion design program for undergraduates.
    You should check it out : http://ifa-edu.cn/ifaen

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• What newspaper do you read/prefer?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.