Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Who here does NOT care about politics and current affairs Watch

ReputationRep:
    i.e. is not bothered at all by what happens in the world of UK politics.

...and why?

- Not interesting enough?
    - Difficult to see how political issues affect you on day-to-day basis?
    - Too comfortable to be incentivised to do anything
    - Too busy to do anything?
    - Feel that your input would make no difference?
    - Got more important things to do?
    - Got other interests that are far more fun?
    - Telly/computer games/other forms of entertainment?
    - A general feeling of "meh"?

ReputationRep:
    All of the above.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by No Man)
    All of the above.
    This.

ReputationRep:
    It's amazing the amount of slack jawed morons we elect every year, it's like the blind leading the blind round here.

Ed Miliband scares me, there is something of the night about him:

I think it's important that you have an enquiring mind, and a desire to learn about how the political system works and its impact on you as a citizen.

ReputationRep:
    I don't really care about that sort of thing cos it seems to go in one ear and out the other and I just don't like politics. Unfortunately I have to care a bit (particularly about current affairs) as both are coming up in final year exams atm.

Lol, thought neg would be expected. Can't be interested in and like everything!

ReputationRep:
    me
    because anything after cogito ergo sum is most likely bull****

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lovely_me)
    I quite enjoy politics, it's more and more like show business for ugly people every election. :rolleyes:

It's amazing the amount of slack jawed morons we elect every year, it's almost like the blind leading the blind here.
    shut up, you idiot

I care about the main things. I wouldn't say I care about the things in politics that do not apply to me though so i'm pretty much split on what interests me in politics.

ReputationRep:
      Me! :awesome:

Obviously, I'm kidding

On a serious note, I think a lot of people are interested in political issues but just not politics per se.

ReputationRep:
      It interests me when it comes to military relevance, but anything else bores me really

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by KingofSpades)
      shut up, you idiot
      Bite me!!!!!333three!!!! :fluffy::fluffy::fluffy::fluffy::fluffy::fluffy::fluffy::fluffy::fluffy::fluffy::fluffy::fluffy::fluffy::fluffy::fluffy::fluffy:

ReputationRep:
      Most of my friends go on about how they hate politics. But if I start some sort of political debate with them without overtly mentioning the dreaded word, they'll usually end up subjecting me to some passionate rhetoric that is most definitely political.

I think the point is that everybody cares about politics, whether they realise it or not. Simply because it affects you, no matter what. People are forced to take an interest at some level or other. Unfortunately, there seems to be some "anti-politics" trend, by which it is cool to have "**** All of Them" or some bull**** on your facebook page under "political views". I say *******s to that.

ReputationRep:
      I personally don't care about politics because I don't understand it, though not through lack of trying. It's just not my thing - I'm a science-y gal anyway, I do get my History/Politics mate to dumb it down for me. But, nah, I don't care for it, even then :P

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by hannah_dru)
      I don't really care about that sort of thing cos it seems to go in one ear and out the other and I just don't like politics. Unfortunately I have to care a bit (particularly about current affairs) as both are coming up in final year exams atm.

Lol, thought neg would be expected. Can't be interested in and like everything!
      i'll +ve rep you for a blowie

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by Rzc)
      It interests me when it comes to military relevance, but anything else bores me really

Me and him like it when biatches get pwnd

ReputationRep:
      You are a colossal idiot.

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by the maths guy)
      i'll +ve rep you for a blowie
      Hmmm internet blowjob to random guy vs rep. Tough decision that one...

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by AwsomePossum)
      Me and him like it when biatches get pwnd

:ahee:

ReputationRep:
      I'm infinitely more interested in history, specifically the Viking Age and Migration Period, than current affairs and so given the choice between watching the news or, for example, reading a saga I'd sooner the latter. Besides, every slimey politician elected is the same public schoolboy, smarmy douchebag clone anyway

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by Rzc)

:ahee:
      Looks like my maths teacher, when I tell her I don't care about pythagoras

1. See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

2. Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
    Useful resources
  3. See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

4. The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.