The Student Room Group

Will a expired passport work for going to clubs?

i have had to send my provisional driving licence and birth certificate away to apply for a door supervisor sia licence and wont get it back for a few weeks and really want to go with my friends to London (45 miles away) for new year and if i get there and not get let in then i will be stuck, i am about 8 years old in the picture on my passport and if i explained ive had to send my ID away to get my doorman licence do you think they would let me in?
Doubtful, as often expired passports can often be manipulated to make it seem you're over 18 if you're not (I know several people who have had this done).
Reply 2
your real passport?
Yeh they do, we at least they do where i live (reading)
Reply 4
Original post by chernij
Doubtful, as often expired passports can often be manipulated to make it seem you're over 18 if you're not (I know several people who have had this done).

Must work often enough for people to try to abuse it.
Reply 5
Just depends on the place... my little sis used my old passport for getting into clubs for ages and only got warned not to use it next time once.
the other day she tried to use her own expired passport to buy alcohol and the woman said she couldn't, then accepted her name badge at work as another form of ID with her name on :curious:
Reply 6
if you were in my shoes would you go 45 miles to London just to get told to jog on?
Reply 7
i have used mine in the past, if you just flash it at them they don't usually notice.
however some clubs do notice and tell you to push off.... no harm in trying but make sure you have some other form of id on you as well
Reply 8
as i am waiting for my licence to be a bouncer do you think explaining to them that and showing an out of date passport be enough, if i dont get in i will be on my own with no transport far away from home
Reply 9
it's never worked at any club around me. best thing to do is to ring up and ask before hand, explaining your situation?
Reply 10
Depends on the club.
It always works for me.
don't think many bouncers would bother to look at the expiry date
Original post by basketofsnakes

often one of the corners will have been chopped off
Reply 14
If it was just out of date but clearly you in the picture then you'd probably be ok with it but I'm not so sure they'd let be so lenient if you're 8 on the picture!

Before I got mine renewed I kept getting told they shouldn't really let me in but they'd let it go but I do know of people who've just been told no!
Why can't you use your current passport? It's what I have to do after my provisional was stolen.
Reply 16
If it's your passport, it'll be fine as long as it's not less than a year expired.
It would be helpful if you show that together with your university id.
Original post by basketofsnakes

don't think many bouncers can even read.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending