The Student Room Group

What’s something you know you do differently than most people?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Lewroll
Still makes more sense than cant be arsed (which means nothing) obviously they are idioms or something like that, so it probably shouldnt matter what we say. I just better be careful next time i go to the north and say cant be asked, i might get some funny looks :biggrin:

lol crazy southener :biggrin: oj,

I don't understand why on earth you would say can't be asked, e.g. 'Will you come to town with me?' 'No can't be asked'

Whereas 'Will you come to town with me?' 'No can't be arsed.' Means like no I can't be bothered.

I guess you're right it must be a regional thing, I wouldn't last five minutes in London wouldn't have a clue what anyone was on about haha :smile:
Reply 381
I hate doors being open, so always make sure they are closed if I am in that room.

Annnd, when I was younger, if i hit my left arm for example then I would have to do the same to the right. So they felt 'even'...or something :s-smilie:
Reply 382
Original post by ilovemykitten
When I make tea, the milk has to be around 1/10 of the overall liquid

When I make toast, I like to waive it around a bit, to make sure it's not too hot - otherwise when i put the butter on (spread evenly, to the edges), it goes soggy

I like to portion my different bits of food so for example when having sausages and mash, I'll make sure I have enough and equal amounts of mash to go with every bit of sausage LOL

Flicking light switches

Having everything in order of date in my folders, and in plastic wallets

Constancy - for example, for my politics course, for every topic I have 1. lecture notes, 2. my notes, 3. essential reading notes, 4. extra reading notes - and i have to keep this order for all of them, otherwise i get really annoyed, if say for example, there are no lecture notes

Everything has to be symmetrical and even, I dont like odd bits of stuff sticking out, or for example books being tilted on my shelf... also it really annoys me if say, my boyfriend and i are having dinner, and he grabs a plate with a different design to mine

That's some of it.

A lot of OCD....

I do both of these too lol

Also usually cut my food with the edge of my fork instead of using a knife.
Original post by snowyowl
I draw circles and write Os and 0s clockwise, rather than anti-clockwise like most people do.

I also cross the letters t, f and capital E from right to left, rather than left to right.

I do these too... you must be a lefty.
Instead of saying 'spoon' like most, I kinda say it shortened like 'spon'. (Not phonetical)
Original post by Lewroll
That sounds really dirty:sexface:

I and everyone I know say 'can't be asked' whereaas everyone on TSR seems to say 'cant be arsed' :s-smilie:

Maybe its a regional thing?

yup, definitely - i say 'can't be asked as well'
Original post by thegodofgod
yup, definitely - i say 'can't be asked as well'

Yeah thats what all southerners say (the ones i know) :tongue:
I also say can't be asked :smile: I don't know anyone else from the real world who uses tSR, so I'll say that. I write of/ot/ol funny like all joined up.
Original post by BookWormShanti
I also say can't be asked :smile: I don't know anyone else from the real world who uses tSR, so I'll say that. I write of/ot/ol funny like all joined up.

of ot lol why? :biggrin:
Original post by Danamaganza
I do these too... you must be a lefty.

I'm right handed :frown: which perhaps makes it even weirder :p:
Original post by blueray
of ot lol why? :biggrin:

Honestly? Because my RE teacher writes them like that and I went through a phase at the start of year 9 when I first had her when I thought she was so cool I should copy her handwriting :colondollar: It also means I now write Es a little like this: ?
Reply 391
I write my 0s and o clockwise. Most people I know doing them anticlockwise. I didn't realise until a girl sitting beside me said 'you do your 0s weird'
Original post by cz100
I write my 0s and o clockwise. Most people I know doing them anticlockwise. I didn't realise until a girl sitting beside me said 'you do your 0s weird'

I do mine clockwise.
The only people I know who do them anti clockwise are left handed people.
Reply 393
Original post by razzmatazz rach
I do mine clockwise.
The only people I know who do them anti clockwise are left handed people.

Weird, all the people I know are right handed
Reply 394
Original post by Samrout
I say wolf phoenetically, apparently it's a big deal.

Made me laugh out loud when I said it: W-OL-F :smile:

Mine:

I only really drink water / milk. I don't drink fizzy drinks or juice I prefer to just have water. People sometimes make a fuss like its not good enough them giving me water but thats all I want. I don't particularly like alcohol or benefit from its effects so rarely drink it. I take anti-depressants to so it would just seem counterproductive.

I have quite an addictive personality. If I like something I tend to surround myself in it over and over again. Music, food, exercise, books, games, TV, people etc... The problem is I need to monitor and control it otherwise I tend to burn out and feel really low. Thankfully I've never smoked or other recreational drugs that can be addictive.

I don't like any form of clutter or things I don't need. I want them out of the way straight away- my room is relatively tidy and organised usually. I am often improving the way I sort things out. I always prepare mysely well for things I want- job interviews / hobbies etc...

I don't really have an eye for "style" especially when it comes to clothes. I don't think I look ridiculous with the things I wear but I like very very plain things. I like them to be smart, often one colour, fit me well and be of good quality. I hate things that have words or phrases on it makes me think "I didn't say this these aren't my words so I don't want to promote them on my T-shirt". I am very conscientious and always think how my actions will affect the world around me - people / myself / the environment etc... It very much effects how I buy things such as food. I am conscious of what I am putting into my body- I don't like buying things with a load of things on the ingredients (especially if they are additives that aren't tne natural ingredients if I were to make it myself). I just think "Why has this been added ? I don't want it or need it, nor did I ask for it ?".

I don't like sales and buzz-words and a lot of advertisements. If I want something I will define it very clear in my head and find the most suitable item of good quality for the best price. I won't buy something just because its cheap or because its in the sale. If I want something I will research it and if its realistic and I still want it, I will go get it.

I dislike small talk (often in such cases I would rather just not talk) but if I want something or want to talk about something specifically I have no problem talking to them. I'm the same if someone talks to me about something specifically to me or wants something from me I am good but general chit-chat about the weather I find so draining and a waste and difficult.

That reminds me the weather rarely stops me from doing something. I've noticed cold weather will put a lot of my mates off doing something. I'll decide if I'm going to do something, not leave it to the weather. There are limits of course but I like to think I call the shots.

I tend not to like popular things, they tend to bore and I also feel pressured to like it as if I'm supposed to- football, facebook, drinking/clubbing etc... I'm not keen on any of these.
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 395
I used to read a few chapters of a book then read then ending and go back to where i was. i liked trying to figure out how they'll get to it and seeing if im right. dont really do it anymore though.

and does no one say ASSED?
ive never heard anyone say asked and pronouncing the r in arsed is just too much effort
Reply 396
Original post by HumanNature1992
Ketchup with Pizza? Anyone else?

My friend does this.

I occasionally do too, if it's not tomato-y enough already!
Original post by salty_candy
i dunno, i've had far, far more embarrassing ways of doing things (when i was 12, i **** you not i used to have to touch food with my forehead before i could eat it, (as in, every mouthfull ) which sort of was incredibly embarrassing.

any unplanned touching of things has to happen equally (so, if i accidentally brush my left hand against the wall, i'd then have to do the same thing with my right hand)

it's not as weird as it sounds, and i can avoid publicly drinking pretty easily :rolleyes:

Haha I do that left side right side thing. If I touch my left arm by accident I have to touch my right arm or I just feel weird.
Also typing in my head.
Hold my knife in the left hand, fork in right.
I also have to know the lyrics to every song on my iPod, so I keep every new one on repeat until I know the words, this can get annoying.
Original post by cz100

I'm right handed and I do this :smile:
Reply 399
Original post by Kaiser_7
I hold a pen completely differently to anyone i've ever met. True story.

I hold my pen weirdly as well (see below photo). It's like a death-grip.

I also have a weird accent that nobody else seems to speak like. I've been accused of being Welsh before.

And when I walk, I have to place equal pressure on both feet otherwise I just feel uncomfortable :biggrin:.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending