Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

HELP! how can I approach this guy at work? Watch

anon as don't want ex bf on here knowing my business.

at work, there's this guy i am a bit attracted to. I have only spoken to him a few times.

I have no idea how old he is (somewhere in the 20-25 age range, but as i'm only 18 I don't want to try to take things further if he's blatently going to reject me for being too young)or if he has a girlfriend or not. How can I ask him these things without sounding really obvious??!

Also if he is single/the right age, how do I try to take things further?!

I'm only temp staff at the moment, finishing in a week or so, so I don't have much time to sort this out either.
    so please help with suggestions

ReputationRep:
    Ask for his number/facebook and take it from there.

(Original post by M1F2R3)
    Ask for his number/facebook and take it from there.
    BUT i've only spoke to him a few times and I still don't know how old he is or if he's already taken.

ReputationRep:
    What do you want us to spoon-feed you information:rolleyes:[/Stuart-Baggs] [/sarcasm]
    The obvious way is to talk to him you don't need to make it obvious just take an interest in him and ask casually, he won't think anything off it.

ReputationRep:
    just whip out your phone and go on facebook...start talking about facebook, and then pop the question about his.

this worked a treat for me

i don't have internet on my phone and we're not allowed to be on our phones so it's not like i can pretend

ReputationRep:
    Just talk about facebook and ask if he has an account. It worked when used on me; although I knew it was a line it was a safe one and I could play along or safely reject.

As to the age gap that's nothing

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: December 18, 2010
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.