Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Band of Brothers Watch

ReputationRep:
    I searched, but I couldn't find any other threads.

Anyone else a big fan of Band of Brothers? I'm going to start re-watching it soon, it's been too long! The Pacific may be great, but I still prefer Band of Brothers.

ReputationRep:
    George Luz: Hey Janovek, whatcha reading?
    John Janovek: An article.
    George Luz: No ****. What's it about?
    John Janovek: It's about why we're fighting the war.
    George Luz: Why are we fighting the war, Janovek?
    John Janovek: It appears the Germans are bad, very bad.
    George Luz: You don't say! The Germans are bad, huh?
    [Turns to Perconte]
    George Luz: Hey Frank, this guy is reading an article that says the Germans *are bad*.

ReputationRep:
    Hey, this thread is dying so i thought i should say something before it does die.

ReputationRep:
    I've never actually seen it I might pick up the box set now though, a Christmas present to myself

ReputationRep:
    Absolute huge fan, re-watch it once a year or so. The breaking point is probably the best episode, although they are all great. Haven't watched the pacific yet - I am wary that it might not be as good as BoB

ReputationRep:
    One of HBO's greatest works. Right behind The Wire, of course.

ReputationRep:
    Amazing!

ReputationRep:
    Love Band of Brothers and still re-watch it periodically. The Pacific was nowhere near as good, though.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dnator)
    Absolute huge fan, re-watch it once a year or so. The breaking point is probably the best episode, although they are all great. Haven't watched the pacific yet - I am wary that it might not be as good as BoB
    The Pacific is definetly worth a watch, but you can't say every episode is awesome like you can with BoB.

(also The Breaking Point = awesomesauce)

ReputationRep:
    I love BoB - one of the best TV shows of all time IMO. Really didn't like The Pacific at all really, BoB is far superior as a TV show . As with the poster above, one of my favourite episodes is The Breaking Point - I'd like to see Donnie Wahlberg get a lot more work. Everytime I watch it I see things that I missed previously e.g. the last time I watched it I saw Jamie Bamber of BSG fame popping up in various scenes that I'd missed before.

ReputationRep:
    great series!

ReputationRep:
    I didn't buy a PS3 to play games on, I bought it to watch this amazing series on Blu-Ray.

ReputationRep:
    Love it!

ReputationRep:
    Why are we here?

And Lieutenant Spiers running through and back the village.

Best bits.

ReputationRep:
    Lol I'm gonna watch the whole series this weekend just because I seen this thread.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Laertes)
    Love Band of Brothers and still re-watch it periodically. The Pacific was nowhere near as good, though.
    Agreed.

Who was your favourite story arc? Mine had to be Eugene "The Doc" Roe, in Bastogne.

The french nurse! Who (probably) had never met Eugene, but did actually exist...

All I know is, tonight, I'm glad I'm not in Bastogne.

ReputationRep:
    I found it difficult to tell the characters apart particularly during the trench warfare

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by KM-)
    I love BoB - one of the best TV shows of all time IMO. Really didn't like The Pacific at all really, BoB is far superior as a TV show . As with the poster above, one of my favourite episodes is The Breaking Point - I'd like to see Donnie Wahlberg get a lot more work. Everytime I watch it I see things that I missed previously e.g. the last time I watched it I saw Jamie Bamber of BSG fame popping up in various scenes that I'd missed before.
    James McAvoy appears very randomly as well!

ReputationRep:
    One of the best shows to grace TV.

HBO delivering again, like they did with The Sopranos:sogood:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Fusion)
    I found it difficult to tell the characters apart particularly during the trench warfare
    It takes a couple of re watches to really tune into all the names and put faces to them properly :top:

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.