Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hi

I'm really stuck with my UCAS form and wondered if anyone can help.

I was doing a foundation degree and completed the whole first year, but unfortunately due to ill health I had to suspend studies towards the end of the second (final year).
    I am wanting to apply again for second year entry and was told to do so via UCAS- this is where I'm stuck.

Will I need to put the incomplete foundation degree on the form? If so how can I show that I have only completed one year as I can't seem to find an option for this?

I'm worried that if I don't include the incomplete foundation degree at all my application will be dismissed or my first years study will simply be ignored!

I'm beginning to panic about getting the form done now and would be really grateful if anyone could help.

Many thanks,

Lee

ReputationRep:
    You could always put it in your personnel statement or call the universities your applying too as to what to do (they have application helplines generally) if you are unsure and can't find any options.
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    You need to include it in the education section (under add school/college) and then when it asks if you achieved any formal qualifications you will probably pick no. You may have been awarded a qualification for your completed year but as it's a foundation year that's unlikely - ask the uni if you want to make sure. Once you have done that unis will see your study.

If you do decide to write about it in your personal statement you need to concentrate on the positive aspects. What did you learn that will be useful in the future?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Juno)
    You need to include it in the education section (under add school/college) and then when it asks if you achieved any formal qualifications you will probably pick no. You may have been awarded a qualification for your completed year but as it's a foundation year that's unlikely - ask the uni if you want to make sure. Once you have done that unis will see your study.
    This. Because you will pick "no" you won't be able to enter any modules or grades and you should send copies of your transcripts directly to the universities (if you want to apply for second year entry then you probably need to do this as their decisions will likely be based on your results; your transcripts are also required for accreditation of prior learning, which I understand is what you want to do here).

Contact the university first to let them know about your situation being slightly unique and ask them where to send the transcripts.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
    Applying to uni

All the essentials

The adventure begins mug

Student life: what to expect

What it's really like going to uni

Graduates celebrate

How to write a good personal statement

Expert PS advice from the people who will read it

Uni match

Uni match

Can't decide where to apply? Our tool will help you find the perfect course

Two students working together

A-Z of universities

Read our guides to unis and colleges from around the UK

A student working on a computer

Personal statement help

Use our tool to get your ideal PS quickly!

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A student looking down a microscope

Planning open days

Find upcoming open days and get advice on preparing.

Help out other students

These questions still need an answer

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.