The Student Room Group

Is there such a thing as a non-awkward relationship?

It being not fully made clear what the other person's boundaries and preferences are - like should I be overtly sexual, for instance - I have never been in a functional relationship because I get paralysed with worry over what's right to do/say.

Is it usual for relationships to be ridiculously awkward when they start out, be it on the sexual or interpersonal front?

Half the time it's the girl's fault too for being equally shy.

It means I am not freely expressing my sexuality which is the biggest turn-off imaginable and just makes me want to marry my own right hand, to be flippant about it.

I've obviously not had any particularly long-term relationships and where I have they've not really counted.

The worry and shyness I feel feed the breakdown of communication in the relationship which inevitably leads to a further increase in hesitant, avoidant behaviour on my part, and then a break-up.
Reply 1
For me, i feel awkward or whatever right until the first sex session. After that im pretty relaxed and such. I find as the man if your relaxed then she is as well. Women love to talk so yeah their up for talking about sex with you as your the only one they get to talk to like that.
Reply 2
A good relationship is the total opposite of awkward. Even if you are arguing it can still remain in a comfort zone.

If it often feels awkward when you can actually relax around each other then it might not be right.

But you have to give it chance to settle down first.
not for you you ****ing nerd!
(edited 13 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending