Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

What do you prefer? Being on your own or with someone you know very well...? Watch

What do you prefer, and what leans more towards your idea of fun? Being by yourself or being with a very good friend you know extremely well... Or going out to a party or social event and meeting lots of new people, being very loud, etc?

I personally feel uncomfortable in large crowds and I'm not a very outgoing person. I prefer to be with people in a more relaxed and quiet enviroment whether it's in someones house or going out to dinner.. Things like clubbing, raving or whatever are not my thing. In my house my housemates always have very large gatherings and lots of people always come over, but it's not something I feel comfortable with.

I am happy the way I am, but also in a way I feel as if I'm missing out on fun because of my character.

So what do you prefer? And does society ever make you feel as if you're 'weird' or 'unsocial' if you do not love large crowds of people, and if a lot of the time you like to be on your own?

hi

ReputationRep:
    Mostly depends on my mood. Although I'd normally rather be with good friends than on my own

ReputationRep:
    Small group of good friends, similarly I am not generally a fan of crowds(though you wouldn't know it....I'm a bit of an enigma really.) and loud music is unbearable, though that's a separate issue.

ReputationRep:
    group of good friends

ReputationRep:
    I enjoy being on my own as well as being with a very good friend just hanging out most of the time. Occasionally, I'll mix and hang out with larger groups of people, but otherwise, I enjoy solitude.

ReputationRep:
    I didn't choose solitude.

ReputationRep:
    I don't like big get togethers, especially when it's with people you know you are unlikely to ever see again. A gathering with a few of my close friends I like, but as much as I like it I'm going to say I prefer being on my own. There's nothing quite like just sitting and thinking. Don't get me wrong it messes with my head sometimes, partly because I think about quite strange or somewhat depressing things.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: December 18, 2010
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.