The Student Room Group

Internet Relationship Long Distance HELP I want her back!

Okay... *sigh*.... I know....

Why would I bother to get into a long distance internet relationship? It was the right thing to do at the time and I don't regret it.

Everything was going very well for almost a month. We planned to get together as soon as possible. I was to move and live in her city and we would live happily ever after.

Is it possible to reignite long distance romance?
We haven't spoken in 3 weeks.

Unfortunately... as tragic (or comedic) as it sounds this is real and not a joke.

Any tips?

... I love the anonymity the internet provides.

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Original post by kristinaalovesu
It is possible, if both of you are willing to put loyalty, love and effort in the relationship.

Thank you very much Kristina. You've given me hope!

Does anyone have any advice for what to do in regards to the effort?
Original post by TruthJS

Original post by TruthJS
Thank you very much Kristina. You've given me hope!

Does anyone have any advice for what to do in regards to the effort?

As for the effort thingy, you should try and contact her first and tell her everything you're feeling. After that, maybe you can pursue about the plan you had before which was to move in to her city and live together with her.
Reply 3
I don't understand. Have you met her before or have you just met her off the internet without seeing her before? If the latter, surely you should meet with her first and spend time together before taking the big decision to move to her city?
It doesn't work - from my personal experience. Tried that twice!
Reply 5
As for the effort thingy, you should try and contact her first and tell her everything you're feeling. After that, maybe you can pursue about the plan you had before which was to move in to her city and live together with her.

Is it better to e-mail or call her?
I'd also ad text message however it would call for a $10 text message.
Original post by TruthJS

Original post by TruthJS
Is it better to e-mail or call her?
I'd also ad text message however it would call for a $10 text message.

It would be much better and clear if you call her.
Reply 7
It would be much better and clear if you call her.

Oh right :smile:. Thank you!
Reply 8

Is there anyone way to do this without throwing all of my feelings at her.
I don't want to upset her at all.
Original post by TruthJS

Original post by TruthJS
Is there anyone way to do this without throwing all of my feelings at her.
I don't want to upset her at all.

why would she be upset?
be blunt about it
Reply 10

God help you if you're serious.
Instead of spending all your time posting this, phone her up and bloody tell her if you got any balls, simples!
Just start up a casual convo and be like be all like "Whatever I said, whatever I did, I didn't mean it, I just want you back for good (want you back. Want you back. I want you back, for good)
Whenever I'm wrong, just tell me the song, and I'll sing it, you'll be right and understood (want you back. I want you back. I want you back, for good.)"
Reply 13
Psst OP, go to a pub, you can meet real girls there.
Wait, you knew her for a month and was going to move and live in the same city as her, when you hadn't even met?

Okay then.
Original post by JCC-MGS
Just start up a casual convo and be like be all like "Whatever I said, whatever I did, I didn't mean it, I just want you back for good (want you back. Want you back. I want you back, for good)
Whenever I'm wrong, just tell me the song, and I'll sing it, you'll be right and understood (want you back. I want you back. I want you back, for good.)"

Ahaha. Do this. It would make me weak at the knees if someone sang this down the phone for me.
Reply 16
Did you ever meet up ?

Just look for someone else.
Reply 17
Original post by Yawn11
God help you if you're serious.

I am. I agree.
Original post by TruthJS
Okay... *sigh*.... I know....

Why would I bother to get into a long distance internet relationship? It was the right thing to do at the time and I don't regret it.

Everything was going very well for almost a month. We planned to get together as soon as possible. I was to move and live in her city and we would live happily ever after.

Is it possible to reignite long distance romance?
We haven't spoken in 3 weeks.

Unfortunately... as tragic (or comedic) as it sounds this is real and not a joke.

Any tips?

... I love the anonymity the internet provides.

did you meet first? Why did you stop speaking? There must be a reason? Has she met someone else? I have a similar thing only I have met the person 3 times and we haven't stopped speaking but we are not in a relationship we live far apart and I miss him and think about him everyday :frown:
Reply 19
That's the problem with internet dating, you see. You expect this:

and get this:

The fact that you haven't even met raises an entire DMZ of red flags. Online dating == gold digging and fakery. You're much better off at a local singles night or hanging around in a pub.

Start over and move on. The fact that you're this attached to somebody you pretty much don't know really exposes deeper issues, tbh.
(edited 13 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending