Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Internet Relationship Long Distance HELP I want her back! Watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Okay... *sigh*.... I know....

Why would I bother to get into a long distance internet relationship? It was the right thing to do at the time and I don't regret it.

Everything was going very well for almost a month. We planned to get together as soon as possible. I was to move and live in her city and we would live happily ever after.

Is it possible to reignite long distance romance?
    We haven't spoken in 3 weeks.

Unfortunately... as tragic (or comedic) as it sounds this is real and not a joke.

Any tips?

... I love the anonymity the internet provides.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kristinaalovesu)
    It is possible, if both of you are willing to put loyalty, love and effort in the relationship.
    Thank you very much Kristina. You've given me hope!

Does anyone have any advice for what to do in regards to the effort?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TruthJS)
    Thank you very much Kristina. You've given me hope!

Does anyone have any advice for what to do in regards to the effort?
    As for the effort thingy, you should try and contact her first and tell her everything you're feeling. After that, maybe you can pursue about the plan you had before which was to move in to her city and live together with her.

ReputationRep:
    I don't understand. Have you met her before or have you just met her off the internet without seeing her before? If the latter, surely you should meet with her first and spend time together before taking the big decision to move to her city?

ReputationRep:
    It doesn't work - from my personal experience. Tried that twice!

ReputationRep:
    As for the effort thingy, you should try and contact her first and tell her everything you're feeling. After that, maybe you can pursue about the plan you had before which was to move in to her city and live together with her.
    Is it better to e-mail or call her?
    I'd also ad text message however it would call for a $10 text message.

ReputationRep:
    Is it better to e-mail or call her?
    I'd also ad text message however it would call for a $10 text message.
    It would be much better and clear if you call her.

ReputationRep:
    It would be much better and clear if you call her.
    Oh right . Thank you!

ReputationRep:
    Is there anyone way to do this without throwing all of my feelings at her.
    I don't want to upset her at all.

ReputationRep:
    Is there anyone way to do this without throwing all of my feelings at her.
    I don't want to upset her at all.
    why would she be upset?
    be blunt about it

ReputationRep:
    God help you if you're serious.
    • TSR Support Team

Instead of spending all your time posting this, phone her up and bloody tell her if you got any balls, simples!

ReputationRep:
    Just start up a casual convo and be like be all like "Whatever I said, whatever I did, I didn't mean it, I just want you back for good (want you back. Want you back. I want you back, for good)
    Whenever I'm wrong, just tell me the song, and I'll sing it, you'll be right and understood (want you back. I want you back. I want you back, for good.)"

ReputationRep:
    Psst OP, go to a pub, you can meet real girls there.

ReputationRep:
    Wait, you knew her for a month and was going to move and live in the same city as her, when you hadn't even met?

Okay then.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JCC-MGS)
    Just start up a casual convo and be like be all like "Whatever I said, whatever I did, I didn't mean it, I just want you back for good (want you back. Want you back. I want you back, for good)
    Whenever I'm wrong, just tell me the song, and I'll sing it, you'll be right and understood (want you back. I want you back. I want you back, for good.)"
    Ahaha. Do this. It would make me weak at the knees if someone sang this down the phone for me.

ReputationRep:
    Did you ever meet up ?

Just look for someone else.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Yawn11)
    God help you if you're serious.
    I am. I agree.

ReputationRep:
    Okay... *sigh*.... I know....

Why would I bother to get into a long distance internet relationship? It was the right thing to do at the time and I don't regret it.

Everything was going very well for almost a month. We planned to get together as soon as possible. I was to move and live in her city and we would live happily ever after.

Is it possible to reignite long distance romance?
    We haven't spoken in 3 weeks.

Unfortunately... as tragic (or comedic) as it sounds this is real and not a joke.

Any tips?

... I love the anonymity the internet provides.
    did you meet first? Why did you stop speaking? There must be a reason? Has she met someone else? I have a similar thing only I have met the person 3 times and we haven't stopped speaking but we are not in a relationship we live far apart and I miss him and think about him everyday

That's the problem with internet dating, you see. You expect this:

http://images.newcelebritypics.com/i...uoco-14861.jpg

and get this:

http://static.unrealitytv.co.uk/wp-c...widdecombe.jpg

The fact that you haven't even met raises an entire DMZ of red flags. Online dating == gold digging and fakery. You're much better off at a local singles night or hanging around in a pub.

Start over and move on. The fact that you're this attached to somebody you pretty much don't know really exposes deeper issues, tbh.

Submit reply
    TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: December 19, 2010
  1. See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

2. Poll
    Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
  3. See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

4. The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.