Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

BA from Greenwich Applying for MSc at Top Uni's Possible or impossible ? Watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    I'm an International student currently enrolled in a BA(Hons) Business Studies top-up program at the University of Greenwich, I believe that I'm a capable student and I'm hoping to graduate with Frist Class Honours. (UoG was the only uni offering such program in my country and I couldnt afford to do it on campus in the uk, and its better than any other private uni here ) What I would like to know is whether or not I have a shot at getting into a good Msc program in the future at one of the more higher ranking Universities (Warwick, exeter, Leeds, Cranfield, Leicester, Sunderland, Liverpool etc.) I'm really worried about my mode of study(distance) and the University of Greenwich's reputation, that's partly why I'm planning to do a Msc as soon as I graduate (2011) . I'm very eager to know how much my Bachelours degree's awarding body and the mode of study of can affect my applications to Msc programs. On most university websites they require a 1st or 2:1 degree from a "good" or "reputable" university, is Greenwich any of the two ? Any serious thoughts about Greenwich's Business Program would also be appreciated. Awaiting your kind replies. Thanks

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Saljab)
    I'm an International student currently enrolled in a BA(Hons) Business Studies top-up program at the University of Greenwich, I believe that I'm a capable student and I'm hoping to graduate with Frist Class Honours. (UoG was the only uni offering such program in my country and I couldnt afford to do it on campus in the uk, and its better than any other private uni here ) What I would like to know is whether have a shot at getting into a good Msc program in the future at one of the more higher ranking Universities (Warwick, exeter, Leeds, Cranfield, Leicester, Sunderland, Liverpool etc.) I'm really worried about my mode of study and the University of Greenwich reputation, thats why I'm planning to do a Msc as soon as I graduate (2011) Any serious thoughts about Greenwich's Business Program would also be appreciated. Awaiting your kind replies. Thanks
    cranfield? sunderland ? o.0

ReputationRep:
    I'm an International student currently enrolled in a BA(Hons) Business Studies top-up program at the University of Greenwich, I believe that I'm a capable student and I'm hoping to graduate with Frist Class Honours. (UoG was the only uni offering such program in my country and I couldnt afford to do it on campus in the uk, and its better than any other private uni here ) What I would like to know is whether or not I have a shot at getting into a good Msc program in the future at one of the more higher ranking Universities (Warwick, exeter, Leeds, Cranfield, Leicester, Sunderland, Liverpool etc.) I'm really worried about my mode of study(distance) and the University of Greenwich's reputation, that's partly why I'm planning to do a Msc as soon as I graduate (2011) . I'm very eager to know how much my Bachelours degree's awarding body and the mode of study of can affect my applications to Msc programs. At most university websites they require a 1st or 2:1 degree from a "good" or "reputable" university, is Greenwich any of the two ? Any serious thoughts about Greenwich's Business Program would also be appreciated. Awaiting your kind replies. Thanks
    Anything is possible.. however, put in mind that academic requirement is only the minimum requirement to enrol for postgraduate course. There are many other factors that will be considered.

But my suggest is you would be at better position if you had that First Class from Greenwich.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by HayThereMardyBum)
    cranfield? sunderland ? o.0
    Don't want to aim that high .. just being modest ... But I'd love to hear your thoughts

ReputationRep:
    HayThereMardyBum ... Sunderland ranked 14 on the Gaurdian's Tables for Business Programs .. any clarification would be appreciated

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by manthew)
    Anything is possible.. however, put in mind that academic requirement is only the minimum requirement to enrol for postgraduate course. There are many other factors that will be considered.

But my suggest is you would be at better position if you had that First Class from Greenwich.
    Thank you for your input, any other opinions ? Anyone ? More information would be rather settling ... or not ... Awaiting your kind replies

ReputationRep:
    I think you should get at least something under the top 40, uni prestige and course ranks are quite important for employers.

ReputationRep:
    Greenwich University should be demolished, possibly with all the students still in it. It is full of the most braindead people I have ever met. And they populate Greenwich Town centre every saturday night... But at least the girls are easy.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Huskaris)
    Greenwich University should be demolished, possibly with all the students still in it. It is full of the most braindead people I have ever met. And they populate Greenwich Town centre every saturday night... But at least the girls are easy.
    Criticizing the university doesn't really answer my question, But thanks for the input anyways, and I'd like to hear if you think a "brain-dead" student such as myself who is willing and capable would ever have a shot at getting into a Msc programme at a higher ranking uni .. thanks

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by HayThereMardyBum)
    I think you should get at least something under the top 40, uni prestige and course ranks are quite important for employers.
    So you think I have a shot of getting into one of the top 40 uni's given my situation ?

ReputationRep:
    Criticizing the university doesn't really answer my question, But thanks for the input anyways, and I'd like to hear if you think a "brain-dead" student such as myself who is willing and capable would ever have a shot at getting into a Msc programme at a higher ranking uni .. thanks
    No I'm sure you can if you are a good student
    In fact Id like to retract my statement about Greenwich being full of the most braindead and replace it with my own university haha ^_^

Good luck though, and all the best

ReputationRep:
    Try and make a list of 10 uni's that you're interested in and try emailing them about your situation for advice. If they deem you to be eligible, then why not give it a shot.

From the 10 unis you've picked out, filter it out to 5 and start applying. Good luck mate.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.