Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hi Friends,

I writing here to ask you guys about the possibility of getting exemption in case i have failed in it. :mad:

I have good marks in all other subjects but i couldn't crack this module. Although i believe that this module's exam was best written by me.

i am an international student......therefore i have a lot of things to think about.

Please enlighten me.

ReputationRep:
    Sorry, what? You want to pretend a module never happened because you did badly? I don't really get what you're asking.

ReputationRep:

Potally_Tissed

mate.....what i am asking is whether their is any chance that i will be given compensatory pass in that module.

its like this: passing marks are 40; i scored 36.

so what do you think.......will i be exempted from repeating module for one semester and then again give exams?

ReputationRep:
    Depends on the unis specific regulations - but I wouldn't have thought they'd make you repeat the module... probably just offer you a resit exam.

ReputationRep:
    i have taken re-sit exam but they still failed me.

the exams/modules where i thought i would be screwed is where i am getting 60-70 marks and the this module where i think i have given best exam is where i am failing.

i don't know whats happening. but i really don't want to further my stay in UK on student visa due to monetary constraints.

please help.

ReputationRep:
    No.

ReputationRep:
    Well the uni staff are still there till the 24th - so why not ring them up on Monday and ask them what options you've got.

ReputationRep:
    thank you for your replies.

the scenario is this......during first exam......many students were given compensatory pass if they scored 35 above in one module and passed all other modules. i was not eligible as i scored 32........so i had to sit for re-sit only this module......but this time i scored 36............

so what you guys reckon from your experience? will they give me compensatory pass??

ReputationRep:
    i checked out University of Wales website and it says that i can get compensatory pass in case i have got 35+ marks. Subject to academic deans approval.

i am feeling little better now.

ReputationRep:
    Hello friends,

Yesterday I wrote a mail to our academic dean and explained him my case. He replied promptly saying that he has asked the the chair of exam board to consider my case and reply to me.

What do you think will be the outcome of this?

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
    Useful resources
    Uni match

Applying to uni?

Our tool will help you find the perfect course

Articles:

Debate and current affairs guidelinesDebate and current affairs wiki

Quick link:

Educational debate unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.