Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    A guy in my university added me on FaceBook, we had never spoken before this..I hav only seen him a few times around. He inboxed me and then asked why we have never talked properly or hung out together. He said he wants to get to know me. Then he said that we should start doing that after the new year.

He is gorgeous, a bit like brad pitt so why he would even want to speak to a girl like me is just beyond me. I don't have his number or anything so where do I go from here? Just leave it all as it is over xmas?
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    Umm reply to his message?

ReputationRep:
    Don't put him off by acting all excited, but don't act cold aswell. Just let him do the chasing and if he still expresses interest in 2011, meet up and see how it goes.

ReputationRep:
    How do you keep his interest when he's the one who's started the contact and making the effort? What?

ReputationRep:
    when he comes through that door jump on him naked! always works

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by yoyo462001)
    Umm reply to his message?
    but he hasnt sent anymore....

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Freud)
    How do you keep his interest when he's the one who's started the contact and making the effort? What?
    um why are you confused about that .. ?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by damos92)
    Don't put him off by acting all excited, but don't act cold aswell. Just let him do the chasing and if he still expresses interest in 2011, meet up and see how it goes.
    Is this right? How would being excited put him off? Perhaps I need more understanding.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TruthJS)
    Is this right? How would being excited put him off? Perhaps I need more understanding.
    Because a guy who just wants to get to know a girl doesn't want her professing her love and what not and acting like Christmas has come early, it will make him feel scared and possibly overwhelmed.

I'm speaking for myself here and a few people i know, OP's guy might not be the same.

ReputationRep:
    What gave you the impression that he was interested to begin with?

I say he's probably hooking up with some other girl right this second.... time to move on I think.

:cool:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by damos92)
    Because a guy who just wants to get to know a girl doesn't want her professing her love and what not and acting like Christmas has come early, it will make him feel scared and possibly overwhelmed.

I'm speaking for myself here and a few people i know, OP's guy might not be the same.
    This. Don't necessarily play hard to get but he wants you to play "ooh, maybe a bit of challenge, I'm going to have to break out my A-list witty material" to get, otherwise he's going to be trying to talk and be flirty and you be all like SO WHAT'S OUR FIRST CHILD GOING TO BE CALLED, I THINK JEREMY IS A NICE NAME

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ilyking)
    LOL

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ilyking)
    Actually I do this

ReputationRep:
    Get on your knees... and you know the rest.
    That will defo keep him interested.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by The TSR Star.)
    A guy in my university added me on FaceBook, we had never spoken before this..I hav only seen him a few times around. He inboxed me and then asked why we have never talked properly or hung out together. He said he wants to get to know me. Then he said that we should start doing that after the new year.

He is gorgeous, a bit like brad pitt so why he would even want to speak to a girl like me is just beyond me. I don't have his number or anything so where do I go from here? Just leave it all as it is over xmas?
    Just PM back saying 'OK, let me know when you're back" and leave it at that. As others have said I wouldn’t hang my hat on anything becoming of it but who knows.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: December 19, 2010
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.