Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Last day of term yesterday, and I finally made it to Evil Eye.

I was wondering what everyone thinks of the place?
    The menu's huuge, so any favourites?

Shame the place stank of sick, and the long island ice tea wasn't as nice as I thought it'd be, but the shooter I had and the key west cooler was goood.

Just interested!

ReputationRep:
    personally i love the place, the Evil Zombie is my favourite... its 7 quid but well worth it considering how strong it is, if i remember rightly its 7 shots of rum and 1 shot of absinthe... mmmm
    oh and the sunday dinners are lush!

ReputationRep:
    Really nice place, upstairs is decent to sit; and yeah, the Evil Zombie is pretty popular..

ReputationRep:
    Too hippyish for me, but great food (if you can afford it).

They make the staff drink on duty. Like, basically force them to, I can't condone an organisation like Evil Eye.

ReputationRep:
    Evil Eye?? WHat's this? It's a place??

I saw the title and thought it was to do with magical/supersticious evil eye...that made me interested.....

But now ...interest...is lost....

apart from the interest of what is this Evil Eye place???

ReputationRep:
    I cannot stand it. It's always rammed, and impossible to get a seat. The bar staff scare me quite a bit to be honest too. It used to be a little known gem, and now its totally over run. I like trembling madness better, but not been in ages.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by purple_starlight)
    Evil Eye?? WHat's this? It's a place??

I saw the title and thought it was to do with magical/supersticious evil eye...that made me interested.....

But now ...interest...is lost....

apart from the interest of what is this Evil Eye place???
    Its a bar in York that does LOADS of lethal cocktails/shots.

ReputationRep:
    Personally i love it, i take people who visit there all the time and they think its the best bar in York.

ReputationRep:
    I dislike the staff but I love sitting in bed upstairs drinking the cocktails when it's quiet!

A few of my faves are Apple Strudel, Persian Carpet Ride, Majestyk Melon and **** Turpin. I haven't tried the food yet but apparently it's really nice.
    • TSR Support Team
    • Wiki Support Team
    • Peer Support Volunteers
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    The food is indeed very nice :awesome:

ReputationRep:
    The Vesper Martini's absolutely incredible.

ReputationRep:
    I need to have a Heaven one of these days. Chocolate cocktail. Want.

ReputationRep:
    HOnestly, it is not worth the price for the dingy and nasty Reggae style they are going for.

ReputationRep:
    Never thought I'd agree with Jimbo, but it's a tip. Too expensive, too small and a bit of a ****hole.

ReputationRep:
    Just looking in, I never got what the fuss was about with my friends

ReputationRep:
    How is it too expensive? Excellent cocktails for £5.

A lot of places, when it comes to cocktails, you wont be able to get 2 for £10.

ReputationRep:
    Honestly, I'm inclined to agree on the price front. Very, very few worthwhile cocktails are under £5. You're looking at £6.50+ per drink.

Very much a novelty.
    But oh, what a novelty.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jimbo1234)
    HOnestly, it is not worth the price for the dingy and nasty Reggae style they are going for.
    Reggae style? Wut?

I think it's fun, and you get an excellent range of drinks to choose from. Overpriced, though, to be sure.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TruckBear)
    Reggae style? Wut?

I think it's fun, and you get an excellent range of drinks to choose from. Overpriced, though, to be sure.
    Well the tropical run down dingy **** hole theme they are going for.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Meadows14)
    I can't condone an organisation like Evil Eye.
    One phrase I never thought I'd see.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.