Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Sunday times - highest paid graduates Watch

ReputationRep:
    From these universities ! I'm a little shocked!

http://extras.timesonline.co.uk/pdfs...ngsalaries.pdf

ReputationRep:
    It'd be more interesting to see average salaries 5/10/20 years after graduation though. Also it's not all about money! NQTs, people working in the charity sector, etc don't get paid lots but are clearly vital

ReputationRep:
    Don't see what you're particularly surprised against tbh, care to share?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sarky)
    Don't see what you're particularly surprised against tbh, care to share?
    oh just the position of Oxbridge on the list!

ReputationRep:
    you're an idiot if you genuinely are shocked by that..

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by angelmxxx)
    It'd be more interesting to see average salaries 5/10/20 years after graduation though. Also it's not all about money! NQTs, people working in the charity sector, etc don't get paid lots but are clearly vital
    It would be even more great if they done one for the course. For example Law, the highest paid students that graduated from a Law degree where from the following universities. That would be great man :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by her)
    oh just the position of Oxbridge on the list!
    It's not surprising when you think about the industries that people go into in relation to where they study. You don't get extra money for prestige, you get money for going into well paid industries.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sarky)
    It's not surprising when you think about the industries that people go into in relation to where they study. You don't get extra money for prestige, you get money for going into well paid industries.
    That's true!

(Original post by thewiseone)
    you're an idiot if you genuinely are shocked by that..
    I am an idiot because? There is no need to be rude I just though Oxbridge students would be at the top of the list. No biggy!

Although we start with some of the top universities which makes sense, we also have in there London South Bank, Greenwich etc, in other words the most likely reason for this is the London Allowance since most graduates would be finding work around London. Remove this allowance and you get a different result.

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by her)

I am an idiot.
      there we go, sorted.
      /thread

edit: pweaseeee keep the neg-rep coming TSR
      :ahee:

ReputationRep:
      Think too that salaries and cost of living are different depending on the region.
      Durham graduates may earn less than people from London South Bank (:confused:??), but this is because usually graduates from most unis stay in the area. Some go to London, but people studying in Durham (some) will stay in the NE. While people studying in London will stay in London, so the average will be higher.
      I'm shocked that people at LSE earn on average more than people at Imperial, though.

ReputationRep:
      GREENWICH UNIVERSITY? Why the **** am I bothering with a proper degree *sighs* I could just pop down the road to my local uni...

Seriously though most of the reason these second rate London unis (and a lot of the best unis in the country) are so high is because of London wages being higher due to higher living costs...

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by her)
      It would be even more great if they done one for the course. For example Law, the highest paid students that graduated from a Law degree where from the following universities. That would be great man :rolleyes:
      I would expect the list to be reversed.

Most people who go to the best Law schools will do the LPC or BVTC.
      Others will go into other sectors, and be paid.

ReputationRep:
      LOL WTF at LONDON SOUTH BANK

ReputationRep:
      if only people on this forum spent less time bashing universities like greenwich + south bank, and instead used this time to put more effort into searching for the better paid jobs (like the students of the aforementioned places).

OH NO SHE DIDN'T

ReputationRep:
      Oxbridge has a lot of classicists etc who'll drag the average down, unlike IC & LSE.

I thought it was more interesting to see who's giving Warwick a run for it's money given the cheery TSR consensus about it's brilliance.

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by SergioMZ)
      I'm shocked that people at LSE earn on average more than people at Imperial, though.
      Why are you shocked? If anything, it is to be expected.

ReputationRep:
      Those amounts seem sort of low, to be honest :lolwut:

ReputationRep:
      Subject and industry wise breakdowns would be more interesting. The former would take out the London allowance and give an insight into economically beneficial degrees. Also, why is Dundee the highest Scottish university on that list ahead of both Edinburgh and Glasgow?

ReputationRep:
      Am i the only one thinking the average graduate wage is rather high? Or does including london workers raise it up?

1. See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

2. Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
    Useful resources
    Uni match

Applying to uni?

Our tool will help you find the perfect course

Articles:

Debate and current affairs guidelinesDebate and current affairs wiki

Quick link:

Educational debate unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  3. See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

4. The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.