Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Wearing a bullet-proof vest is illegal? Watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    http://crime.about.com/od/famousdidu...hip_rb/odb.htm
    August 1999 - Ten days after his arrest in Queens on drug charges, a bench warrant was issued for OBD's arrest for failing to appear in a Los Angeles Criminal Court for his February 1999 arrest for wearing a bulletproof vest.
    November 1999 - Jones was sentenced to one year in a drug rehabilitation facility and three years formal probation in Los Angeles for making terrorist threats (Sept. 98) and wearing a bulletproof vest (Feb. 99).
    Is this actually illegal? And why?

ReputationRep:
    It's illegal to wear a bulletproof vest while committing a crime or if you've been previously convicted. So if you just strolling round the block wearing a bulletproof vest that's aight but if you been dealing drugs like this dude and then you have a bulletproof vest on as well it's a double whammy.

ReputationRep:
    'United States law restricts possession of body armor for convicted violent felons. Many U.S. states also have penalties for possession or use of body armor by felons. In other states, such as Kentucky, possession is not prohibited, but probation or parole is denied to a person convicted of committing certain violent crimes while wearing body armor and carrying a deadly weapon.'

ReputationRep:
    If so, that's really stupid.

ReputationRep:
    Ahh I like sporting the kevlar gilet

ReputationRep:
    As soon as I saw the title I though it would have something to do with Ol' Dirty ******* lol. Apparantly he was the first person in Califronia to be charged with that after it was criminalised

ReputationRep:
    If you're bulletproof the police can't do much against you; it could mean the difference between police marksmen taking down a terrorist or a repeat of the London/9.11 bombings. At least that's the logic, I suppose.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.