Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Spy on people all over the world using your iPhone. Watch

ReputationRep:
    http://itunes.apple.com/gb/app/ispy-...329506639?mt=8

I was on the app store today, looking at some top apps and came across the above.

At first, I was like wtf, that can't be true. Read some reviews and it actually seemed legit. But I still didn't really believe it, so I downloaded it and now I'm a bit freaked out.

Basically, this app seems to allow the user to access certain webcams and cameras all over the world. We're captured on CCTV a lot when in public, but does anyone else think that this is a huge invasion of privacy and just really wrong? If I'm walking down the street, I don't want any old person on their iPhone to be able to watch me?

Opinions?

ReputationRep:
    You can do the same thing from Google if you type in the right search terms. Just picks up random webcams and stuff, its not very interesting tbh

ReputationRep:
    Probably, but what are you going to do about it?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by united.spammers)
    You can do the same thing from Google if you type in the right search terms. Just picks up random webcams and stuff, its not very interesting tbh
    Wow, I feel very naive.
    (Original post by TravelGuru)
    Probably, but what are you going to do about it?
    Nothing. I didn't say I was going to do anything.

ReputationRep:
    If I'm walking down the street, I don't want any old person on their iPhone to be able to watch me?
    But you're okay being watched by any old person on the other side of the street...?

ReputationRep:
    Now I actually want an iphone...

ReputationRep:
    There are websites where you can do that anyway, this app is really just a mobile version of the website.

http://www.earthcam.com/

It's not like there are cameras everywhere that can be controlled, outside your house for instance, only certain ones in certain public locations.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.