The Student Room Group

Deferring in the third year?

Basically I went into the third year focused and determined to do well, however personal life, work and partly laziness got the better of me and now I feel my work has suffered as a result, hence my degree will suffer.
So not off to the good start as anticipated :/
I know this guy who did the same in his second year (last year) and he is redoing his 2nd year now when he started the same time as me.
I was considering deferring to re-do my third year but Im not sure if this is possible.
Can anyone help me?

Thanks.
I would also be interested in hearing reponses to this question.
Original post by 3xpr3$$
Basically I went into the third year focused and determined to do well, however personal life, work and partly laziness got the better of me and now I feel my work has suffered as a result, hence my degree will suffer.
So not off to the good start as anticipated :/
I know this guy who did the same in his second year (last year) and he is redoing his 2nd year now when he started the same time as me.
I was considering deferring to re-do my third year but Im not sure if this is possible.
Can anyone help me?

Thanks.

Completely depends on which uni, what course, competition for said course and of course how understanding your department is.
Elaborate on any of these?
Reply 3
Original post by Smiling...Rain
Completely depends on which uni, what course, competition for said course and of course how understanding your department is.
Elaborate on any of these?

Well the course leader is iffy to say the least. You dont know what her response would be to anything. I went to see the Student service group and they said that she is very understanding in such matters, however Ive had a little bit of a disagreement with her in the past about work and I am afriad she may get 'funny' about it if I went and explained the situation.

I just dont know what to do. Id rather seek advice before I told her.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending