Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

A great film on BBC iPlayer - go watch it! Watch

ReputationRep:
    Blame It On Fidel

Please note that the film is in French, but it has English subtitles. Yes, I sometimes you have to be in a certain "mood" to watch these types of films, but it's worth it. Especially considering it's only available until 11:34PM Sun, 19 Dec 2010 - although my experience with iPlayer has shown that the timing is not accurate. It may get taken off at midnight, so please take time to watch it.

You do not need a television licence to catch-up on television programmes in BBC iPlayer.

ReputationRep:
    What's so good about it?

ReputationRep:
    Why should we watch it?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by i.am.lost)
    What's so good about it?
    (Original post by ?!master?!mini?!)
    Why should we watch it?
    I forgot to post a synopsis: A nine year-old girl weathers big changes in her household as her parents become radical political activists in 1970-71 Paris.

Sometimes it's nice to mix it up between action and comedy. I just thought some people would like seeing a good, old fashioned drama. Especially considering it's not in English. Being open to new types of films is always a good thing.

http://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/blame_it_on_fidel/

It's a widely acclaimed film:
    Based on critics reviews it's 93/100
    Based on top critics it's 100/100
    And, based on the audience it's 90/100.

As I said, if you have time and want to see a good film watch it, if you don't, then don't watch it. But please, don't come into threads with a "I'm not going to watch and and no matter what you say isn't going to change that attitude". It's just a waste of time.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by HarryA)
    I forgot to post a synopsis: A nine year-old girl weathers big changes in her household as her parents become radical political activists in 1970-71 Paris.

Sometimes it's nice to mix it up between action and comedy. I just thought some people would like seeing a good, old fashioned drama. Especially considering it's not in English. Being open to new types of films is always a good thing.

http://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/blame_it_on_fidel/

It's a widely acclaimed film:
    Based on critics reviews it's 93/100
    Based on top critics it's 100/100
    And, based on the audience it's 90/100.

As I said, if you have time and want to see a good film watch it, if you don't, then don't watch it. But please, don't come into threads with a "I'm not going to watch and and no matter what you say isn't going to change that attitude". It's just a waste of time.
    I might watch it after shovelling my C3 revision out of the way, cheers

ReputationRep:
    x
    How many gun fights/knife fights/explosions/bruce willis/naked women scenes does it contain?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kiwiguy)
    How many gun fights/knife fights/explosions/bruce willis/naked women scenes does it contain?
    None, I think.

ReputationRep:
    None, I think.
    :dry::hand:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bramz19)
    I might watch it after shovelling my C3 revision out of the way, cheers
    Have ou received your Oxford offer yet? Shyam and Duncan have.

ReputationRep:
    Thanks, I have to admit I love some of the foreign films that BBC4 broadcast every now and again. One that I can remember distinctly is 'The Wave' a German production that parables the dangers of fascism and dictatorship, it's a really really great film that pretty much everyone can relate to.

ReputationRep:
    no thanks there are better films to watch out there

ReputationRep:
    Can't. Don't live in the UK.

ReputationRep:
    It sounds interesting. I'll watch it later when I have a few hours to spare. I haven't watched a foreign movie in quite a long time, but I do enjoy them. :yes:

ReputationRep:
    But, considering the extent to which the BBC is facing cuts, you should buy one, if you value its programming.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Luceria)
    Can't. Don't live in the UK.

Me neither though I'd love to watch it. By the way-I see you're a Merlin fan!

ReputationRep:
    I might or might not idk.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Escriba)
    Me neither though I'd love to watch it. By the way-I see you're a Merlin fan!
    Indeed! :awesome:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jismith1989)
    But, considering the extent to which the BBC is facing cuts, you should buy one, if you value its programming.
    I really don't have time to watch TV live. The only thing I really watch is sports and some films. All of which I prefer to watch either alone (films like Blame It on Fidel) or with friends at a bar or something (like a football match). I take time to watch football live when it's on because it's a good way to see friends.

And even if I did have time, there aren't that many good shows (The Apprentice is almost over). And all the good shows are halfway through the lifespan (eg How I Met Your Mother). So I would have to watch them online to catch up, and by then I'll just get websites to watch them.

(Original post by Jacktri)
    no thanks there are better films to watch out there
    As a single male, there are more attractive girls out there in the world than some of the girls I see everyday.

Assume Jessica Alba was single: would you stop talking to an attractive girl you met because Jessica Alba is better looking?

If you don't listen/watch new things, you won't be open to new things.

ReputationRep:
    I'm watching it now, and I have to say it is brilliant!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sango)
    Have you received your Oxford offer yet? Shyam and Duncan have.
    Sigh, no, losing my sanity over here, I should get the e-mail on Monday and the letter on Tuesday. And wow, that's amazing, what about Harry and Parekhs?

ALSO, congrats on York and Nottingham! Cambridge are minor youts, did they give a reason for rejecting you?

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: December 18, 2010
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.