Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

New found respect for Russell Brand... Watch

ReputationRep:
    I never liked the guy before to be honest, but the dislike was kind of prejudicial. I never liked his appearance and his style in the limited shows that I had seen him on as I don't watch a lot of TV.

But I bumped into this interview, while looking for recent Jeremy Paxman interviews:

He makes some excellent points in my opinion and defends himself against the accusations about the Andrew Sachs incident very well.

Maybe some of you knew him better from before, but its definately worth watching!

ReputationRep:
    I was already a fan of Mr Brand. :2euk48l:

ReputationRep:
    I love Mr Brand also and he's one of these people where I find nearly everything he says hilarious.... or failing that deep/spot on.

ReputationRep:
    He's still an overpaid, un-funny Cee U Next Tuesday so....

ReputationRep:
    I made a thread about this when this interview first aired, because I was simply shocked at how well he spoke and structured his arguments. Didn't expect it at all but he's a fantastic speaker, very fluent and puts his point across in a very unique manner.

ReputationRep:
    Always been a huge fan, and this interview just confirms why

ReputationRep:
    He must be awesome he has Katy Perry

ReputationRep:

The guy gets to **** this girl every day. Say no more.

ReputationRep:
    He still comes across as a superficial, egotistical jerk, albeit a relatively loquacious (and pretentious) one -- and people always fall for silver-tongued tossers.

ReputationRep:
    i like him. he speaks eloquently.

ReputationRep:
    Mmm love his constant Kerouac references.

ReputationRep:
    Actually I think he's taking it all too seriously - "his art". So bloody pretentious. He's trying to sound clever by using lots of superfluous vocabulary when it really isn't necessary.

ReputationRep:
    Wow, he is really clever. What more can I say. I had no idea he was so into all these ideas and concepts. I just thought he was some **** who wants to have sex 10 times a day.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kiwiguy)
    He's still an overpaid, un-funny Cee U Next Tuesday so....
    Overpaid? There is no such thing, unless he is being paid from tax money (and the BBC only pay him a small % of his money).

At least I can see you're a fan of Paul Merton, which kind of makes up for it :tongue:

And it wasn't me who gave you the thumbs down, incase you're offended by it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jismith1989)
    He still comes across as a superficial, egotistical jerk, albeit a relatively loquacious (and pretentious) one -- and people always fall for silver-tongued tossers.
    See below, yes I agree he speaks very well. However, its not his silver tongue which impressed me but the actual things he was saying. If he had said them in much more simplistic terms, I would have still been impressed. Its the fact that he is actually very different from the usual media picture painted of him.

(Original post by Panda Vinnie)
    I made a thread about this when this interview first aired, because I was simply shocked at how well he spoke and structured his arguments. Didn't expect it at all but he's a fantastic speaker, very fluent and puts his point across in a very unique manner.
    I agree, he is very good at expressing himself.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by miranda-ae)
    Actually I think he's taking it all too seriously - "his art". So bloody pretentious. He's trying to sound clever by using lots of superfluous vocabulary when it really isn't necessary.
    It is his art.

In the same way, Frankie Boyle's stand up is his art. In the same way, Picasso's paintings are his art. They all have their own unique style etc. I don't think he was trying to claim the style or medium belonged to him.

ReputationRep:
    I've never really watched anything by him before, but he's absolutely on fire on that interview!

ReputationRep:
    http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/programme...ht/9053238.stm

That is the full interview I think the presenter was referring to towards the end, I haven't watched it but its only 4min~ longer.

Edit: Nothing much extra in that clip besides Jeremy basically agreeing with Brand and ridiculing that document a little more.

ReputationRep:
    I gained massive respect for him when i found out hes now screwing katy perry. :ninja:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by miranda-ae)
    By using the term "superfluous" as well as saying that it "really isn't necessary" your use of the term "superfluous" is actually superfluous.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.