Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Basically, found a HTC desire on Orange for £50 + £17.50/month. I need a new phone and I'd quite like a smartphone. Anyone know of any better deals before I go ahead?

http://www.store-orange.co.uk/orange...Fc0e4Qodwwsupw

ReputationRep:
    Will depend on your usage really. I don't text/call much, so I just buy standalone phone. If you text/call a lot, go for 3.

ReputationRep:
    It seems like a good deal to me. Certainly better value than what I signed up for earlier this month.

I recently got an HTC Desire with 300 minutes, Unlimited Texts and 500MB of data for £25/month. In retrospect it's a bit of a rip-off but I went into the store expecting to just have a look around and so I hadn't done much research. It is great to have a smartphone though, it's one of those things that make you wonder 'how did I ever get by without this before?'. :p:

The Desire seems like a solid phone. If you ask me; HTC is the best Android manufacturer. :yep:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Atrozius Faatz)
    The Desire seems like a solid phone. If you ask me; HTC is the best Android manufacturer. :yep:
    I agree, although i have an iPhone 4 and wouldn't change it for the world.
    That seems like a really good deal OP, especially for a smartphone. i would go for it.

ReputationRep:
    Cool. Think I'll go for it then. Did seem like a good deal; head and shoulders above what 3 and O2 are offering, but I'm not really up to date on smartphone deals so wasn't sure if there was a better option going.

Cheers guys.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
    Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered mobile phones threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.