The Student Room Group

Anyone waiting for things from Amazon?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 80
I was walking around a City Link warehouse yesterday as I was there in order to help a colleague try and secure a temp workers contract and all I could see was piles upon piles of Amazon stuff that hadn't been yet delivered.

Don't get your hopes up is all I'd say - especially as I was told UPS is nearly 2 weeks behind! They simply can't cope with the weather.
Made separate orders on 12th, 15th and 16th December. None have arrived!

Some of my family may not be getting their Christmas presents on time this year :frown:
Reply 82
I'm waiting for something, it's apparently due to be delivered on New Year's Eve, but that doesn't matter because it isn't a Christmas present, it's my brother's birthday present. His birthday's the 8th January, so as long as it gets here by then it's all good.
I'm waiting for play.com
I ordered 4 dvds. 3 one day, 1 the day after.

2 came 2 days later, includ. the one I ordered the day after the others, and I'm waiting for the other 2. They were all dispatched at the same time, where are they?! Grr.
Reply 84
Pokemon Crystal :frown:

And some tweed from a different site
Reply 85
Ordered GT5 a week ago. Estimate arrival 4th Jan 2011. :/ ¬_¬
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 86
I've finally received everything! :smile:
If you have a tracking number with citylink, go on their website www.city-link.co.uk and they give a more detailed tracking than amazon.
According to mine, they keep getting loaded onto lorries and then taken off again >.<
At the moment they're meant to be on a lorry, in glasgow, and delivered to my house, in Birmingham between 7:30 and 17:30 today. I'm not massively hopeful....
My best friend's Christmas present never arrived... damnit Amazon!
Reply 89
I've had one of two parcels from Amazon. Can't say I hold too much hope for the other one which had an estimated delivery for today...
Reply 90
I got the last of my internet orders last saturday, but that was a Play one. I ordered Amazon things after the play stuff and they arrived before them
The final thing that I was waiting for came this morning! So I am very relieved :-) Makes the next couple of days a lot easier for me.
Reply 92
YES! It was estimated to arrive by the 16th... I've emailed them and had no reply!
AWKWARD. Do I file a claim now or what?!
I ordered 4 items on the 13th and the 15th, the 3 from the 15th arrived 10 minutes ago but the one from the 13th still hasn't arrived. I hope it arrives tomorrow because it's my sister's Christmas present. :unimpressed:

Original post by Ape Gone Insane
Seems like no Kindle for Christmas. :sad:

Unless they do delivery on the 24th?

They do.
Reply 94
I ordered 2 items on 29th November and am still waiting, they were dispatched on 1st Dec!

Ive emailed them and they are refunding me, Ive had to go out and buy other stuff now instead.

Strange thing is Ive bought loads of other stuff online off ebay etc and that has all been delivered. Ive used Amazon plenty of times in the past to know that they are normally really fast at delivering/dispatching. I suspect that my items were either never sent in the first place, or have been delivered elsewhere accidentally and someone has decided to keep them.
(edited 13 years ago)
I ordered an economics revision book on December 8, it was dispatched on the 16th and it hasn't arrived yet. Its now the 23rd of December.
I finally got mine today. City link van turned up at 16:30. They were dispatched 16th Dec.
Reply 97
Still haven't had my order, it's the last of my xmas presents as well. I have a feeling it may arrive tomorrow though, even in this snow our postie hasn't missed a day. Good ol' Graham.
Luckily I've had all my stuff delivered through now :smile:
Reply 99
My items were finally delivered today after being dispatched on 1st Dec.

Ive already requested a refund and bought replacement items so now Ive got the hassle of sending them back. Couldnt refuse the delivery because I was out when the postman came.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending