The Student Room Group

Boys: Baffled.

Hi, - a little insight required-
My boyfriend of about 6 or 7 weeks broke up with me, i took it very calmly and just accepted it. His reason though, was a bit odd: 'The longer we go out for the worse the break up will be, and the we'll just end up hating each other, and i really don;t want to loose you completely from my life... so it would be easier to just end it now.'
But, yeah, i then just hung out at his for like an hour or so more, and it was really nice and relaxed we just kind of joked about, until about 20 minuted before i had to go, he got really depressed. It was like we'd switched places and I'd broken up with him, he kept hugging me and saying 'I don't want this to end', and not letting me leave, then tried to kiss me.
He's been texting me over the past few days, but really conversational, normal things...
I was just wandering if anyone can see more clearly what is going on in his head, and where i stand. I think my lack of reaction when he broke up with me probably irritated him slightly.
Thanks
Reply 1
I had something similar before though with a longer term relationship. Don't know if it's teh same thing, but for me it was cos my ex realised it would never work because we were too different. he still loved me (I kjnow that will be different if you only been together 6/7 weeks but he could still have feeligns for you) btu knew it wasn't going to work in the long run. he was upset about it all too and acted like you mention above. That may also explain his comment about "the longer it goes on the harder it will be"
Just an idea
Reply 2
Didn't you already post this?
Sometimes it takes losing a person to realise how much you loved that person in the first place.
Reply 4
'The longer we go out for the worse the break up will be, and the we'll just end up hating each other, and i really don;t want to loose you completely from my life... so it would be easier to just end it now.'

What the hell? that's like saying, i'm not going to go out and play in the snow because I will miss it so much more when it's gone.
Wait, were you guys having problems and arguing or whatever and he broke it off while it wasn't that bad or did he just break up because he anticipated that there would inevitably be a breakup at some point so best pre-empt it?
Lol, what? His reasoning sounds mad.
Reply 7
Original post by JCC-MGS
Wait, were you guys having problems and arguing or whatever and he broke it off while it wasn't that bad or did he just break up because he anticipated that there would inevitably be a breakup at some point so best pre-empt it?

Nope, no arguing. we weren't overly coupley, but yeah, basically - he liked me too much to go out with me....
sounds like *******s to me. but there you go.
Yeah, that is hella stupid. I think there is probably something else going on to contribute to that decision which he isn't telling you, otherwise he is a proper numpty.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending